Phone Home

Ello beasty! Ignoring that random Pirates of the Caribbean reference there. Okay before I get any further along, can I just say "CURSE YOU WIFI!!" My laptop lost connection and deleted a good chunk of the ending, so I had to rewrite it on my phone. Ugh, it's awful. Anywho...so there is finally another writing club topic. Yay! This week's topic is outer space. So the idea for this took forever to develop because my head does not like the idea of aliens apparently. So I sort of combined aspects Star Wars with E.T. If that makes any sense at all, congratulations you understand my head. But basically it involves a human experiment of sorts. The aliens have decided to see if the humans are compatible with their home environment and study their ways of life to see if Earth is suitable for them to live in. However to preform this experiment they need test subjects. How else are you to get test subjects without abducting them?

My body feels like a thousand led bricks are attached to it. Everything is weighted down and I don't have enough energy to move. I can't even find it in me to open my eyes. So all I see is blackness and all I can feel is...my hair against my face. Wait what?I try to move my head but something grazes against my stomach. I furrow my eyebrows together and try to force my eyes open.

For some reason the world is really blurry. I can't make out anything. Confused, I attempt to use my hand to rub my eyes but something holds my arms down. Panic starts seeping in as I look down and see a blurry strip of silver on my wrist and what appears to a chain going down to the ground. But the ground isn't really the ground. There is a ring of metal surrounding the so called ground. I move my foot, which is also chained to the ground at the ankle, slowly forward and it touches a smooth surface. Almost like glass.

My heart rate accelerates even more as I realize that both my arms and my legs are chained to the ground and that I'm somehow floating above the ground, kind of like you do in a swimming pool, where you look down and no matter how close you are to the bottom it still looks like you are floating. I tug at the chains trying to break free softly at first and then I'm trashing in the water like a mad man. That's when I find the mask placed on my nose and mouth, that's connected to a tube leading up. I stop trashing to follow it up. And find a blurred, black, metal cage at the top.

I'm trapped. I'm trapped in a glass tube of water. Crap...

I have to get out. And then I'm tugging at the chains, with more force and power than I ever knew I had. I throw myself against the side of the tube in an attempt to both break out and break the chains. I hit the glass two more times before I hear the muffled shouts and see the distorted colored figures running around outside the glass. Then there is a crisp, keen smell, followed by the weight of the led bricks slowing me down. Until I can't move anymore and my eyelids slide down, dissolving the world into complete, utter, blackness.

                                 ***

The world is white. All I see around me is a whiteness. White walls, white ceiling, a white cot, which I am laying on, and a white, locked door. The only color in this room is me. I've got a pair of white underwear on and a white bra, but I didn't put them on, nor do I have any idea if they were on before in that tube. I tried to get up before but I'm strapped down onto the cot, with white straps and there are multiple wires and tubes connected to me. What the wires and tubes are connected to, other than me, remains unknown. But I can feel someone watching me and it's unnerving.

I hear the door click open and I freeze. I don't know why I'm here and I certainly don't know who brought me here. But being strapped to a cot is definitely justifying my fear. I hear the screech of metal wheels on a tile floor and my fingers twitch, itching to move me away from the noise. The screeching stops and then there's a rustling and I hear a sound similar to that of a filing cabinet opening. There's more movement then footsteps walking now away and the click of the door closing. I let out a shaky breath then turn my head to the side, slowly.