Shattered Love, Broken Wings

Yo! So forget the week of the club because I'm never going to figure it out again. Anywho, this week we are doing a Valentine's Day one shot. I took a hike a few months back whilst on vacation and developed an idea for a story. I couldn't really get more than one scene and the basic background. But it was a story of forbidden love, between a fairy in exile and an amateur hunter. The two met in the woods and over time, they slowly fell in love. So I thought why not use it for the Valentine's Day one shot. And here we are...writing the story. Anyway, the girl, a fairy with purple eyes and platinum blond hair, is a princess who was banished from her kingdom by her father, the king, for bringing a human into the village. She loved to the human but was betrothed to a male fairy of high class in her kingdom. As part of her banishment her wings are cut off, leaving scars in their place. She then heals a human boy who fell while hunting and broke his ankle. He had wandered away from his small group, and no one was there. She saved him, but he didn't know who she was, for she had fled at the sound of footsteps fast approaching. He found her again and then they fell in love, only to be torn apart by the powerful forces of nature itself.

My eyes are mesmerized by the water droplets clinging to his tan skin. I watch as they drip down every crevice on his abs, leaving tiny water tracks in their wake. I suppose that's what makes him human, his ability to become wet when water touches him. I don't know what father has against humans. They aren't like he thinks.  They are kind and gentle, not rabid monsters as father sees them. My back throbs in response as if to say 'stop thinking of your father'. I flinch from the pain, before regaining my composure.

"What is it, Mariella?" asks Sebastion. My eyes flick up to meet his. Wet strands of his dark black hair cling to his cheek bones and forehead, and his piercing green eyes stare deep into my soul. Unraveling me into a knotted  mess of mismatched strings.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I mutter. He scrunches his eyebrows together and I resist the urge to smooth out the creases on his forehead.

"Don't lie," he whispers. My eyes widen and I instinctively  scoot back. Those words sparking the memories of my father's face as he uttered those same words.

"Mariella, did you or did you not bring this human to the village," he asks, spitting the word human out like venom on a snakes tongue. His voice is thundering through the trees.

"Daddy, it's not like what you think. The humans aren't bad!" I exclaim desperately.

"Humans are not the good in this forest. Take one look at yourself and you'll see the pain they bring here to the trees," he refutes. My eyes fall down to my exposed arms and legs, covered in the carvings from the trees, the products of young love just blossoming.

"But Daddy, humans are not bad," I beg for him to understand.

"Did you not hear a word I just said, young lady? I don't care what you think of the barbarians. Are you responsible for this scum bag's presence here?" he asks.

"He is not a scum bag!" I growl.

"He is as I say he is. Now give me an answer, and don't lie!" he shouts.

"Daddy I love him!" I yell. I hear several audible gasps from the crowd that has gathered around us. I place myself in front of Drew, reaching behind me to grab his hand.

"You are betrothed to Elliot! You cannot love another man!" yells my father.

"I can love who I please! I don't love Elliot and I never will!" I scream.

"Repeat that, I dare you," says a voice to my right. I know it's Elliot. I turn to him and look him dead in the eye.

"I don't love you, nor will I ever," I repeat evenly.