The Others

Hullo! This would be week five. This week we are doing a contest as to who can write the scariest story for Halloween. This plot line and the majority of the dialogue is from a horror movie I planned on making this year. It's about a girl who isn't truly here on earth anymore. They have taken her away. They told her what to do and she obeyed. She did what they wanted. They live in her house. They came from the walls and were awakened by the letters.

The room is dark. No light except for the small desk lamp illuminating their faces. A girl sits at one end of the table and on the other sits a man. The girl's makeup is smeared. Her mascara running down her cheeks, her eyeliner smudged around her eyes, her lipstick is on her chin slightly. She sits there smiling at the man. Occasionally her eye twitches, but other than that she appears to be normal. The man's hair is disheveled. It sticks up at odd angles because of his fingers clawing through it. 

"I did what they asked me to," says the girl. Her voice lacks all emotion, leaving it a monotone sound.

"Who asked you to do it?"  asks the man.

"They people who live in the house with  us," says the girl.

"Nobody lives in that house with you, dear," replies the man.

"Oh but there are. They come from the walls," says the girl. "I woke them up, with the letters."

"What do you mean by the letters?" asks the man. He sounds tired. He has been asking the girl questions for hours.

"I played Ouija. I sat at the kitchen table and played. Mother warned me not to. She said they took little angels. I didn't listen." says the girl. The man pales.

"You played Ouija?" Questions the man.

"Yes. I made them angry. I asked them how they died. Don't ask them how they died. They don't like it," she says. She starts breathing faster and her eyes widen.

He knows too much. Kill him. Kill him! He can't live. Dispose of him. Kill him. Kill him!

The girl jumps up out of the chair and lunges toward the man. She knocks him to the ground. Her small hands encircle his throat. Depriving him of air. Squeezing, choking. Her grip gets tighter and tighter. The man tries to fight her, but she is strong. Stronger than she looks. Slowly the man stops fighting and blood trickled out from his mouth onto her hands.

She stares at his unseeing eyes. Admiring their glossy look. She finds it fascinating. The way all light can leave a person's eyes so quickly. There are bruises on the man's neck, and droplets of blood staining the collar of his white shirt. She doesn't seem to care. His death means nothing to her. He is only another nameless human added to her list. She stands up and walks away from his body. She leaves the psychotic  ward and walks down the hallway. She slams open the door of the emergency exit and takes off running.

                                ***
The girl is sitting in the corner of her bedroom. She rocks back and forth. Trying to calm her frayed nerves. The voices are loud here. Silence is not possible. They scream at her, mocking her. The ghosts of the past scream her name. Blood-curdling screams overlay the mocking voices. They echo throughout the house and her mind.

She has grown to hate them. But they will not be silent. They can never be silent. She gave into them. She did what they asked. She kills who they want her to. She killed them too. She killed her parents and her little sister. The voices were quiet for a few hours after that. She grieved. And that was the last human emotion she was able to show.

Now as she rocks back and forth in the corner. The voices become hushed. She stops moving, fear petrifying her. The voices are never quiet. Why are they quiet? Another girl comes through the bedroom door. This girl is wearing a pink sundress and she has blond hair, but something is wrong with her face. She has no eyes only black holes, the same goes for her mouth.

The girl in the pink dress walks up to the girl in the corner. She leans in close to the sitting girl. Her black hole of a mouth becomes wider and a scream is released. Once the screaming starts it doesn't stop and more people like the girl in a pink dress come into the room. There is a little boy in blue footie pajamas, a woman in a black veil, a man in a sailor's uniform, a teenage couple in football jerseys, and lots of others. All of them screaming. Screaming bloody murder. They are screaming the screams of anguish they never could release when they were alive. The girl puts her hand over her ears and screams with them. She begs them to stop, but they don't. They can't. Once the doors are open they never close.

                                 ***

The girl walks down the street. She left the house and the others who scream within it. As she walks her hands keep gripping her hair and pulling at it.

"Leave me alone," she says.

Never you have awoken the beast within.

"Please. I will never wake you again," she begs. The voices laugh.

You have already done it. Nothing can change the past, fool.

"Get out!" She yells. People begin to stare.

We shall do no such thing. Nor shall we do anything you command of us. We are in power.

"No! Leave me alone! I should have listened to mother. Mother knows best." says the girl.

Idiot! Your mother is dead! She was killed by you!

"No! Stop! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" screams the girl.

"Miss are you alright?" asks a lady on the street. The lady is wearing gray leggings and a pink jogging sweatshirt. She has brown hair pulled up into a pony tail.

"No, no the voices...they won't stop talking. They won't leave me alone," replies the girl.

Silence! We are not simply voices, we are the ghosts of the past!

"I don't care what you are! You are just voices!" yells the girl.

"Oh...uh...I need to go," says the lady. The lady turns and starts walking away.

"No! Don't leave me!" shouts the girl in a dark, demonic voice. The lady's eyes widen and she starts to run. The girl lunges and tackles the lady to the ground. "Don't leave me alone with them! Make them shut up! Make them leave me alone!" screams the girl. The lady looks at the girl with pure terror etched onto all her features.

No matter how hard the lady tries she cannot speak. The fear has restricted her from doing so.

No one can save you from us!

The girl lets out a blood-curdling scream of anguish and begins the claw the lady's face. The lady screams in pain.  But know one can hear her. The two are alone on the street. Blood flows from the open wounds. The girl does not care. Not a single bit of remorse lingers in her soul. The girl then pulls out a knife from the waist band of her pant. She has carried a knife since the voices had awoken.

The girl takes the knife and slices the lady's face. Then her arm and her stomach. The knife seems to me controlling the girl.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" screams the girl repeatedly, but nothing can stop it. Several slashes are made across the lady's stomach. Blood pours from all the cuts, covering the girl. The lady falls silent and the life leaves her eyes. Yet the girl continues to slash the body and blood continues to flow from the body. Both the lady and the girl's clothes are now red, blood red.

The girl stands up and begins to walk away. Blood sloshes around in her shoes but she doesn't seem to care. Bloody footprints follow her. The smell of death clings to ever fiber of her being. Her soul is tainted red from all the blood on her hands. Her heart is solid black. She is no longer human, she is something stronger, darker, colder. She is a demonic angel. She is a demon.