Chapter 7

" My exams too went well, like I have solved all the questions in all subjects, let's see.", Shafaq told her friends Zainab and Safiya walking on the lawn of their college.

Today was the last paper of their last second semester and winter vacations of two weeks had been announced.

" Don't make us fool, Shafu. We all know, you will be the topper this time too.", Zainab said.

" Yep, principal will say", Safiya stopped in her tracks making them stop too, " And the topper of the year is Shafaq Aziz. ", she mimicked their principal and began to clap, Zainab too joined her.

Shafaq shook her head smiling.

After their ramblings and chit-chat, they came to the parking lot. Zainab bid her goodbye to both of them while Safiya was still with Shafaq.

" I should also go, Safi!", Shafaq said fixing dupatta properly on her head.

" Wait, where is that cousin of yours? Won't he be dropping you at home?", Safiya asked.

" No, actually as it was our last paper, his friends had decided for a movie treat. So I told him to go. ", Shafaq replied.

" Come, I will drop you at your home. He should be responsible towards his duties. " Safiya suggested.

" No, it's not a big deal Safi. I will take a cab. You don't worry.", Shafaq assured her.

After reassuring Safiya many times about her safety, she left the college premises.

******

It was slightly difficult to get the cabs in the afternoon hours of Lucknow. After searching for cabs two to three times, she decided to walk for home as the distance was more or less 20 minutes.

As she took a turn, she felt a presence behind her. She turned to look but there was nobody.

After walking some more distance, she came to a market place but the feeling of someone following her didn't vanished.

At the end of the market, she bumped into someone. Her head got collided with a hard chest. She winced and rubbed her forehead. A gasp left her mouth as soon as she saw the person standing in front of him. How can she forget that intimidating smile and that brown eyes.

" I am sorry.", she mumbled and walked past him.

That boy began to walk with her too.

" Miss. Shafaq, I am Rehan Khan, remember? I want to talk to you.", the boy said.

"Look, please don't follow me and leave me alone.", she said.

Allah please help me.

Rehan didn't budge and still walking with her.

" You are beautiful, Miss Shafaq. I want to become your friend.", he broke the silence.

Here Shafaq was praying for her house to come as early as possible. Her throat went dry and palms began to sweat.

She wanted to run away from there, but she didn't wanted to create a scene in front of everyone as still there were many passersby.

She fasten her pace, but her heart jumped at it's place, as she felt a hand on her wrist stopping her. They were now in an empty street, she was shivering from inside.

Rehan came in front of her, " Why are you not talking to me, not even looking at me?"

" Leave me..", she said wiggling her wrist in his grip.

" First answer me..", he said jerking her slight.

She didn't know from where she got the guts for the act she did next, she slapped him. It was the result of her slap or Allah knows what but his grip loosened.