Chapter 10

He started the ignition and the car engine came to life. He drove at full speed. He didn't knew where he was going. But he just wanted to be away from all the mess which was at his home.

You will marry Shafaq and that's final!

Papa's word rang in his mind.

How can he decide my future and take the most important decision of my life without thinking about me.

He called Saniya but the line was busy.

I will marry Saniya and no one can stop me.

He cursed under his breath tightening his hold on the steering wheel which turned his knuckles white. His vision became cloudy due to the tears of anger.

His cell phone began to ring and it was Saniya's number.

" Hello..", he said in a rasped voice.

Saniya was saying something which was was not clear properly. Stuck in his turmoil, he was unable to see the big luggage truck coming in front of him.

When he got into his senses, the time had been swept from his hands. He hurriedly turned his car and it crashed with the large tree at the side.

******

Shafaq was standing at the door of operation theatre praying for Zaid's life.

As soon as she got the call from Dr. Ahmed, they hurried for the hospital. Dr. Ahmed was returning from his work when he found Zaid's car crashed with the tree.
There was a huge loss of blood with certain fractures.

Her puffy and red eyes were giving a clear indication of her crying. Mamu was silent from the time when he came to know about Zaid. Mumani was crying continously, Naano and Shafaq were trying to console her despite their heavy hearts.

" He will going to be alright, Inshaallah. ", Shafaq said putting her head on Mamu's shoulder.

Mamu patted her head and mumbled Inshaallah. The sound of heels clicking stopped in front of them. Shafaq lifted her head and her brows furrowed seeing Saniya.

" Where's Zaid?", she asked. Her voice was cold and full of attitude as if they all were her slaves and she was their master.

" He is in the operation theatre. ", Mamu answered in spite of Shafaq.

Saniya glanced for a minute and strode towards the corner working on her smartphone.

" So this is his choice?", Mamu asked.

Shafaq remained silent and stared at the closed doors of operation theatre.

******

It was half past 12 and the operation was successful. The surgery went well but due to tremendous loss of blood, Zaid was still unable to gain consciousness.

"We will have to wait till morning. I am sure he will be fine, Inshaallah. ", this was Dr.Ahmed's words after the surgery.

Shafaq made dua for the well being of Zaid after her prayer and came in front of the door of ICU. She could clearly see Zaid pierced with various needles and his head bandaged. Their had been a plaster on his right hand.

" You can't get him by your fake acts. ", a voice came from her behind.

Saniya was standing in front of her. Her eyes were swollen as if she was just woken up. She had seen her sleeping on one of the benches when she was going for prayer.

" I didn't understand what you just said.", Shafaq gave her confused look.

" Oh c'mon! ", she said waving her hand in air, " I know, you are not so stupid as you show to everyone. But remember, " Saniya pointed towards Zaid, " He is only mine. You can't take him away from me."

Shafaq felt someone had just thrown cold water on her. Here Zaid is swinging between death and life and Saniya was discussing her relationship.

" I want to give you some advice.", she said stopping her from a hand gesture, " Firstly, he is not a thing that you are sticking a tag at him. Secondly, If you really care for him then just pray for his well being. Because it doesn't mean anything, if Allah forbid something happens to him.Thirdly, my acts are my concern, you don't need to bother about it.", she said and left to meet Mumani and Mamu.

She didn't wanted to stand in front of her for a minute.

******

His world shook when the truth unraveled on him. How can Allah be so unfair to him? What he had done to face this? So it was sure that he had to live his life as a handicap.

He got his consciousness after Fajr when birds were about to start their journey and sun was about to scatter it's light in the sky.

But as his body came to it's senses, he felt like he was missing something. There was some unusual sort of uneasiness in his body.

Papa, Mummy, Daado and Saniya was standing around him and asking about his health. He felt good after seeing Saniya. But Shafaq was missing from the scene.

She didn't even bother about my condition. She is showing me her anger because I have rejected the proposal.

Dr. Ahmed did his full check up and Zaid told him about his uneasiness. When he was checking the movements of limbs, there was no sense in his legs. He was not feeling a single sensation in both the legs.

" Did you feel something? ", Dr. Ahmed asked after slightly hitting the medical hammer on his legs.

But they were numb, he was watching him hitting the hammer but wasn't feeling anything.

" I am afraid, the senses of his legs are gone. He won't be able to walk from now on.", Dr. Ahmed told Papa, " We will do something about it as early as possible. "

He had understood this even if he didn't listen his words.

" How are you feeling now, bhai? ", Shafaq voice took him to present.

" So you got the time from your busy schedule? ", he asked.

His voice was dripping with anger. Shafaq shifted in her place. At that time, only Shafaq was present with him. She had came to know about his condition by talking to Mamu and Dr.Ahmed and she was sure, he will be able to walk one day, Inshaallah.

" Don't worry, go.", Zaid ordered turning to his side on the bed.

What she should tell him?, that she was busy in offering Thanks prayer for him. She was busy in getting full information about his medicines, food.

" Bhai, why are you behaving like this all of a sudden? "

" Why are you behaving like this, Shafaq that I have done a huge mistake by rejecting your proposal? ", he whisper-yelled, " When you know, I only love Saniya. But look at you, puffy eyes, red nose, you want to show your miseries to everyone, you want to seek everyone's attention. "

Shafaq felt a punch in her heart. He was right, she was crying because of him but for a huge different reason.

" Go, leave me alone. Send Saniya in, I want to discuss something important with her.", he said and Shafaq left with a heavy heart.