Bonus Chapter

There are many of my readers who wanted some more chapters about Shafaq and Zaid. Especially Tannu25 😘So here it is! I hope you will like it. 😊

Shafaq glanced at the wall clock which was showing half past nine. Her legs felt like they had lost all the energy because of her worried pace in the living room. Her husband had now crossed the limits. Yes, it was true that Zaid had returned to his work after whole two weeks but that's the limit. Her family had gone to some wedding outside Lucknow and Zaid was in no mood to attend any family function. So now it was only Zaid and Shafaq in the house. Shafaq was now cursing that moment when she had accepted Mumani's wish to stay back with Zaid. Her husband didn't need her, his work was more precious to him than her.

Didn't he remember he had a wife back home whom he used to bug every now and then. Didn't Zaid remember that they got married just two weeks ago? Those two weeks had gone into a blur as good things come with wings. With Allah's blessings Shafaq felt her life too good to be true. It felt like a serene bliss around herself whenever she thought about the members around her and her life with them. Her uncle or father-in-law who never loved her less than her own father, then her aunt who was her mother and Naano who was just like her best buddy.

What could Shafaq think about Zaid? He was the most loving, caring, adorable husband in the world. They used to live together but now they were literally living together. They were cousins but now they were knowing each other as husband and wife. Her cheeks painted with a faint pink shade as she thought about her husband and his loving words about herself. Her mobile beeped with the pinging sound and the screen blinked with the message of the one from whom she was waiting for.

I love you.😘 You know that!😍😘

Shafaq huffed in annoyance and pursed her lips to stop the smile. She clearly knew why he was doing it, his long lost habit. Sweet talk with everybody to save himself from their wrath!

I don't know😒

Biting her lower lip, she fixed her glasses and sent the reply. She had every right to show some kind of anger, her husband deserved it. She put back her mobile on the coffee table and began to put up her long hair in a messy bun. How Shafaq thought to surprise her husband! She had worn the dress Zaid had gifted her on their wedding and left her hair loose as he liked them to be. Now she was feeling it all going in vain.

Didn't know why she was feeling like crying? Some tears were rolling down from her cheeks when with a click, the door opened revealing Zaid with a sheepish smile on his face. She hastily wiped her face and turned around to have a proper look on him.

As usual his sleeves were rolled till his elbow showing his fair wrists, the tie which Shafaq always tied with so much hard work was long gone, leaving behind Zaid with a tired look on his face. Her heart scolded her for getting angry on him, how tired he was. It must had not been easy for him also to join work after such long holidays.

" Assalamualaikum. "

Shafaq with a small smile moved ahead and took the briefcase from him. Zaid wound his arm around her waist stopping her to turn back and pulled her closer to him.

" Walaikumassalam. Why it seems like my wife missed me very much?"

" Because she did."

" And she cried too while missing me?"

******

Zaid just silently stared at his wife who lowered her head on his question. Her habit when she didn't want to say the truth. With the first glance he knew Shafaq was crying and maybe the reason was he,himself. Shafaq gently placed her hand on his chest and pulled a little away from him.