two.

Hiiii, just wanted to inform everyone that Alice is in this book, but her and Jasper aren't mates. Enjoy! x

Astrid's sleek black car pulled up to Fork's High School - even though she wasn't supposed to be driving as she hadn't gotten her license for America - but Astrid refused to let her mum drive her to school or even worse, take the bus. The black Camaro - perks of having a mother as a surgeon - pulled into an empty spot. She could already feel the curious glances as she shut off her car, the engine shuttering to a stop. She grabbed her leather bag and phone as she stepped out of the car, her hair blowing around her face from the light breeze outside. Swinging her bag over her shoulder, she shut her car door and examined the school for a brief moment.

It was small, the tan exterior and green doors making her feel bored just by the schools appearance. There were many different buildings scattered around the lot, bold letters spelling out 'CAFÈ' or 'SCIENCE BUILDING'. Student's roamed around the school's sidewalks and parking lot, most of them giving her curious glances or awe struck faces as she made her way to the school doors. She held her timetable in her hand as she walked up the steps leading to the min building, her green eyes ran over the schedule once more - hoping to memorize the paper - before shoving the crinkled paper in her bag. Her eyes glanced forwards as she searched for her first period, Astronomy. She jumped in surprise as a boy approached her, a gleaming smile on his face and his black hair falling in front of his eyes, "You're Astrid Steele right? Hi, I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place; anything you need. Tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on..." The boy rambled as Astrid stared at him quizzically, her eyebrow quirked upwards as he continued to ramble.

"Wait, wait, how do you know my name?" She asked as she shook his outstretched hand slowly. The boy laughed at her question, "Like I said, eyes and ears." he winked. "I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page! The new English girl moves from the big city to our small town!" he exclaimed as he kept up with her pace as Astrid continued her search for Astronomy. She stopped in place as her eyes widened, "No, I'm not." She said firmly as she crossed her arms. He raised his arms up in mock surrender, "Woah, chillax, no feature." he laughed. 'Did he really just say chillax?' she thought to herself, "Um, can you just point me to Mr. Hunt's class?" she smiled.

He nodded as he guided her the way, "What period lunch do you have?" Eric questioned as they continued to walk down the corridor, curious glances from the students around them as Astrid rubbed her arm awkwardly. "Fourth." She stated as she continued to look ahead, her green eyes seeming intimidating to the students staring. "Wanna sit with my friends and I? One of our friends moved here not too long ago, I'm sure you guys would bond." Astrid shuddered, she wasn't very good at making friends, but she decided, why not? She didn't want to spend her next two years of high school alone.

Astrid gave a fake smile to Eric as they stopped outside her classroom, "Yeah, I'd like that. See you then, Eric." Astrid turned quickly on her heel as she stepped inside the cold classroom.

The past three classes had passed quicker than she had expected; all of the teachers giving Astrid large packets of work to review to get caught up with her classmates. She had managed to find the cafeteria after following students from her third period. The cafeteria was small in size, green round and square tables littered the room and large window overlooked the courtyard.

Her eyes scanned the room for the blabbermouth boy from earlier and it was no surprise to her see him standing from his round table, flailing his arms in the air, "Astrid! Over here." She mentally groaned as she pulled the leather strap of her bag closer to her shoulder as she made her way to the table. Giving, once again, another fake smile her eyes met with Eric's, "Hey." she mumbled.