twenty.

wowowowowowoow this is finally at 20 chapters im just emotional. fair warning, this story is almost to a close, but no need to fear as ur girl is already workin on the next fic as we speak ;-)

The steady beeping of the heart monitor in the background echoed around the bland room's walls. The fluorescent lights shone down brightly on the tile floors, reflecting in Astrid's eyes. Her quivering hands shook as she sat outside of Bella's hospital room, her mind replaying the events that had only occurred several days before. 

Astrid watched in horror as James bit Bella, slowly but surely sucking her blood from her arm, his eyes watching Astrid nefariously - almost as if he was telling her 'you're next'. And she couldn't snap out of that fear that was coursing through her body to even move her legs. 

Though, for some strange occurrence, James stopped feeding on Bella, his head turning to the doorway where a grin formed to his face as Bella lied there, screaming in pain. Blood dripped down from his lips, and as if in slow motion, Astrid was pushed away from the scene and to the wall. Her head hit the wall harshly and she was surprised that she didn't blackout. Though, the force of the blow did snap her out of her state and she caught sight of Edward and Carlisle hovering over Bella's body. 

Edward looked as if he was in deep pain, his features scrunched together in distress as he brought his mouth to the spot where Bella was just bitten. Her screams grew louder as Edward forced himself to suck the vampire venom from Bella's bloodstream, and Carlisle's lips moved fastly as he spoke to Edward. 

Her gaze lingered over to where Jasper and Emmett fought off James, Emmett's large arms wrapping around James' body and Jasper swiftly ripped his head off. Astrid gasped as she watched Jasper toss the vampire's head into the fire Rosalie and Alice had built, Emmett following his actions and throwing James' into the fire, the orange flames throwing up dark black smoke inside the ballet room. 

And everything else from there was like living in fast forward. She vaguely remembered Jasper carrying her to the car and them zooming off to the hospital. Edward had called both her's and Bella's mums, though, Astrid's mother being her mother, was still too busy to leave work and come check on her daughter, even if she was harmed. 

Astrid remembers the doctor telling her she had a concussion from the force of her head hitting the wall, yet nothing more. Astrid was glad her injuries were so minor compared to Bella, who had to endure surgery for her leg and several ribs which were broken. She also remembers Jasper being angry with her. She had "put herself in harms way, and I don't know what I would do without you if you had gotten killed by that bastard!" Jasper had yelled at her. 

She didn't feel bad though. She thinks she contributed to helping save Bella's life, and that was something she felt proud about, because if she hadn't followed the Swan girl, she may have sustained injuries that could have killed her or James could've killed her quicker than a blink of an eye. 

By now though, Bella was healing and awake, though still quite delirious from the pain medication the hospital was giving her. Edward hadn't left Bella's side, nor had her parents. And that seemed to apply for Jasper to Astrid as well.

He didn't seem to leave her side, almost as if he was attached to her hip - except she didn't mind. She relished every moment of being in Jasper's loving company. Though, for now, she sat in silence watching the nurses type away on their desktop computers - waiting.

Waiting to go home, waiting for Bella to heal, and waiting for Jasper to return back from the hospital cafe with her coffee. And as she felt her eyes droop more from her lack of sleep, Jasper returned, a styrofoam cup in hand and a sweet smile on his face. Sitting next to her, he handed her the steaming liquid in which she grinned, "Oh! You're too good to me." She said, kissing his cold cheek before taking a sip, the hot liquid searing her throat. 

He only chuckled in response, "Alice, Em, and Rosalie are getting ready to leave as there's no reason for us to stay. Wanna go?" Astrid nodded quickly, "Oh my gosh, yes. I'm sick of hospitals." 

Standing up, Jasper grabbed her hand, leading her out of the hospital doors and to the Mercedes Alice had somehow gotten a hold of. And together, the group all made their way back home to the small town of Forks, Washington. 

blehhhh i did not like this chapter, but it was show what else happened last chapter. i think next chapter will be the epilogue and then were gonna be starting the second book in this series!! ahhhh im excited i hope u all are too. but, this fic may or may not get finished tonight bc im spending my new years by myself, listening to old billie holiday records

2016 is in 2 hours so happy new years love u alllllll.