fourteen.

Astrid was in a state of complete and utter shock. She wasn't sure how to handle the new-found information, and as she paced in her living room, she was sure she would make the floor have marks from her footprints. 

She had dialed Jasper's number as soon as soon as she arrived to her home, and she grew more anxious as the moments passed. And as Jasper stepped into her home without knocking, her anxiety seemed to plummet and her body fell into a state of calmness. 

"How could you not tell me?" Astrid questioned when Jasper approached her, placing his cold hands firmly on her shoulders. His eyes fell to the floor before looking back up to meet hers, "It wasn't my place to tell, Astrid."

She sighed as she dropped her head onto his chest, as he was too tall for her to place her head on his shoulder. "I know, I'm sorry."

Jasper's chest vibrated as he let out a small chuckle, "You have no reason to be sorry, love. Though, there is something I wanted to discuss with you."

Astrid's head shot up at his words, "What?" 

His hand reached down for hers, her fingers naturally interlacing with his. "I was waiting for when you found out about you and your family history - well really, my family wanted me to wait. But, I haven't been 100 percent honest with you and vampires." Astrid bit her lip at his words, Jasper's throat vaguely burning at the notion. 

"When a human is changed to a vampire, sometimes, a vampire is given a gift. Not every vampire has one, but when they do, it's usually something miraculous."  Astrid nodded her head slowly, "So like a power?"

Jasper smiled, "Exactly like that. When I was changed I was given one, as was Edward and Alice."

Astrid smiled excitedly, maybe now she wasn't the odd one out with her new friends. Though, being a witch was something you still considered 'strange'. "What's your gift?"

Jasper smirked proudly, the dimples on his cheeks making themselves known, "I have the ability of sensing and changing emotions of those around me." Astrid's eyes widened, "So, that's why I always feel calm whenever you come around! I've been trying to figure that out for months!" 

Jasper laughed at her words as he ducked down to kiss her cheek, "You are so cute." Astrid blushed at his words, "What about Edward and Alice?"

"Alice has the ability to see into  the future, but none of it is ever really solid. All of them are based on decisions people have made, so the future can easily change in her case. And Edward has the ability to read the thoughts of those around him."

Astrid felt her cheeks heat up as she dropped her head into her palm, "Oh my God." She murmured.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asked as he lifted her chin with his index finger. "That means Edward's read my thoughts! Do you understand how embarrassing that is?"

Jasper laughed as he looked her curiously, "Why is it so embarrassing?" 

Astrid felt the blood rush to her cheeks, "I think things intended for others not to know! A lot are of me making fun of myself of dumb things I say to myself."

Jasper rolled his eyes as he let out a laugh, "Well now I want to know what you've been thinking."

Astrid felt the devious smirk on her face, "Never!" she giggled as she ran up the stairs and away from Jasper's devilish stare. Giggles let out of her lips as she thought she had gotten away from his pestering questions, though she was met with Jasper's hard body as he appeared in front of her as she got upstairs. 

"Ah!" She exclaimed as Jasper grabbed her by the waist and throwing her over his shoulder like she was weightless. Astrid let out a fit of giggles as she hit Jasper's back, "Put me down!" Though the boy just laughed in response, not phased by her weak punches.

He stepped into Astrid's dimly lit room and threw her onto her mattress, her brown hair fanning out around her head like a halo. Jasper fell on top of her, his muscled arms holding him up above her. Astrid was breathless from her laughs as the two stared into each others eyes, a cheesy grin Jasper's face.

"I think I love you." Astrid murmured.

SURPRISE!! i hope this was kinda cute, idk whats really happening in this, but I would like to thank everyone for all the wishes for my well-being! it is very much appreciated, and I'm starting to feel much better, though I still do have a nasty cough. But, I would also like to add that several weeks ago I posted a Draco Malfoy fic, which I'm super excited about so go check that out (it's called Scream It Out) again, thank you all!