epilogue.

It had been several weeks since the Cullen family, Bella and Astrid had returned back to their home of Forks. Astrid had finally explained to her mother about what had actually happened and why she ended up in the hospital - and she may have also boasted about how she kicked some serious vampire ass.

Prom was rapidly approaching at Forks High, and all the buzz between the juniors and seniors were about who was taking who and what they were wearing. And, despite Astrid thinking the dance would be fun, she wasn't quite up for it, and neither was Bella, though Astrid had the feeling Edward was going to push her into going, despite the large black boot that reached up to her mid-thigh from her broken leg.

Yet, Jasper obviously had different ideas when he had arrived at her front door the day of the dance, holding something wrapped in plastic and a mischievous smirk on his face, Astrid didn't have to have telepathy to know what he was thinking.

"Put this on, I'll be here around 5:30." He winked, before running off in a flash silently.

So, there she stood in front of her floor length mirror, a blue silk, midriff dress adorning her body, half of her back exposed to the cool air of her room. Nude coloured shoes, a simple gold bracelet and pearl earrings went along with her outfit perfectly. She smiled at herself in the mirror, her red lipstick making her green eyes pop out more from the colour contrast.

She wasn't sure why Jasper had gotten her such a beautiful dress or why he had even wanted to take her to prom - that didn't exactly seem to be his scene. But, She stepped down the mahogany stairs of her home anyways, her mother who sat on the couch in the sitting room letting her gasp radiate around the room. Astrid spun around to show the outfit, "Well, what do you think?"

Astrid's mum clasped her hands together in admiration, "Darling! You look beautiful!" She squealed as she quickly pulled her daughter in for a tight squeeze. Astrid's grin grew wider as there was a quiet knock on the front door, at exactly 5:30.

She quickly walked to the door, fluffing her hair once more before pulling open the door, and there stood Jasper looking more breathtaking than ever. The simple black suit he wore made him seem even more gorgeous than ever, and Astrid hoped that he couldn't notice her heart-rate gain speed.

"Wow." They both mumbled at the same time, Jasper grinning. "You look beautiful." He smiled, his dimples popping out at the motion. Astrid blushed at his words, but was stopped at getting a word in as her mother squealed excitedly in the background.

"Oh, I just had to get a picture of you two!" She had exclaimed, running across the hall to her room, grabbing her digital camera before running back to the couple. Her mother quickly turned the device before muttering, "Smile!"

Jasper wrapped his cold hand around Astrid's waist, pulling her closer to him before the two grinned, the flash of the camera going off. "You two are just the cutest! Now go! Have fun!" Jasper chuckled beside Astrid as she rolled her eyes at her mum, her head falling onto her hand.

"Love you, mum." Astrid had muttered as she stepped out the door, her and Jasper hand-in-hand.

Astrid clutched her stomach as she laughed at Jasper's disgusted face at the food she dared him to eat. It turned out he had other plans than prom; other than the two going there, he drove them to one of the nicest restraunts in Seattle. And in all honesty, Astrid loved this idea more than going to prom. She hadn't had the chance to spend much alone time with Jasper recently, so going out and just laughing and talking felt so refreshing.

He had told her about his past and how he had become a vampire, and for an odd reason, she felt as if the two were closer than ever before. Her green eyes watched his flawless face as he swallowed the seafood, his disgust evident.

"I've never liked seafood." He chuckled, wiping his mouth with the cloth napkin. His topaz eyes met with her green ones, infatuation making itself known in her emotions. He quirked his eyebrows, "What is it?"

She inhaled slightly, "I just really love you." She sighed, "I just don't think I'll ever understand how someone like you could be dating someone like me." She whispered, though her words were loud and clear for him.

He smiled as he reached across the table, "I think it's the other way around, love. I'll be loving you for eternity, even if you ever stop loving me."

Astrid smiled, letting go of his hand and holding out her pinky, "Forever?"

She wasn't sure why she was asking for forever, she hadn't known Jasper for too long, but she was sure with herself that she was going to love him for longer than eternity. He was the one who lit up her darkest days, and that was something that most couldn't do. And though, he thought she was the beauty and he was the verminous beast - to her he was the knight in shining armor who couldn't had shown up at any other better time.

He laughed at her childish nature, yet still interlocked his pinky with hers, "Forever."

WOWOWOWOWO GUYS BOOK ONE IS OVER??? IM GETTING EMOTIONAL OVER HERE IM JUST,,,

BUT YO BOOK 2 WILL BE OUT SOONER THAN LATER SO CHECK THAT SHIT OUT YO

WOW I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK U FOR ALMOST 3K FAVS AND 4.WHATEVERK READS. YOU ALL ARE JUST SO AMAZING AND I LOVE U SO MUCH. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LOVE U.