#1

Dear Brandon,

I am writing you this letter to tell you that I am okay. I remember how caring and protective you were over me and I'd like to thank you for that.

So far my life's been going great! I am now the manager of my own wedding planning company and I am happily married but without children. But I'm not hear to brag, I wanted to tell you somethings that I've always wanted to say face to face but never got the chance.

First of all, I wish we were still friends.

I really do wish that you didn't leave that one day without knowing what was going on from me. At the time Jack and I weren't engaged and we didn't get engaged for another 3 months! Everyday I would try to call you hoping one day, just one day I'd be able to explain myself. That in the end we'd be friends.

But that day never came and as my life became more hectic I soon forgot. I stopped calling and left you alone.

Maybe there was something different that was suppose to happen if I just called the next day. Maybe in reality none of this was really happening, maybe you would have picked up but you changed phone numbers.But those where too many maybes for me so I stopped.

But that day that you left for Mexico, I didn't try and fix anything between us before so you left. I've never regretted anything more in my life, maybe one day I'd call you and we'd be friends. Maybe then I wouldn't be writing this letter to you with tears streaming down my face in memory of the days we spent together.

Maybe everything would have worked out.

But this letter is just filled with maybes and as people say things happen for a reason.

But I still can't help myself even after 10 years to stop thinking about the maybes.

I guess I still haven't let go.

~*~

So this is the gist of the book, short chapters about Megan's inner feelings and it's slowly going to start talking about her children and issues which Jack. The chapters will get longer but I wanted the first few to 'ease into' and clear up a few things.