Chapter 5

The chapter isn't too interesting but its building up to something bigger so keep reading

Vote!!!!!!!!

Comment!!! Pretty please with a gum drop on top ;)

*******************

Chapter 5

Aubrey's POV

"What do you want?" I said my voice edgy

He chuckled softly lifting a large hand up to his dirty blonde hair and pressing down some strands that were standing up because of the wind.

"I'm fine thank you and how are you?" he said as he stepped forward

Rolling my eyes I folded my arms over my chest and hardened my gaze to show I was in no mood for games.

"Look I have somewhere to be so whatever you have to say spit it out." I said

"Someone's testy."

Whipping around I let my hair sway over my shoulders as I walked down the sidewalk hearing him not too far behind me. Speeding my pace I pretended not to hear him call my name instead I concentrated on the sound of my heels clicking on the light dust of snow from last night.

"Wait hold on Honey."

Halting in place I felt my body stiffen at the old nickname he gave me while we were dating. "Don't call me that." I hissed when he came up to my side

"Why I like it and you didn't mind when we were in high school?"

Glaring up at him with pure anger for what happened last night and for the fact that he had the nerve to bring up our past relationship. Sure it was great at first till he showed his true colors and I saw the real Holden. The selfish, cold, asshole he really is beneath that perfect smile and fake gentlemen like behavior.

Poking his chest with my index finger I said "That was in the past and trust me when I say it will never happen again."

His caramel colored eyes danced with amusement as he ran them over the length of my body, his mouth curled upwards into a smile that wasn't charming at all. It was more creepy.

"Actually I've though about us getting back together lately. I mean we had it good Aubrey, you are pretty, smart, feisty and I'm sexy, rich and an alpha." he said with a shrug "That sounds like a perfect match to me."

I blinked at him speechless, has he lost his mind or is he really that stupid? First off who that hell calls themselves sexy? Not to mention his lack of adjectives to describe himself without using his alpha status or his daddy's money in the same sentence.

What we 'had' as he put it was a fake relationship that I foolishly thought meant something while he was just looking to get higher in the food chain while getting some at the side. None of what we had despite our two year relationship was real except our break up which Holden took pretty bad. He actually had a sissy fit in the middle of the cafeteria, it was hilarious to watch him stomping off mumbling to himself and knocking the garbage cans over on his way out.

"Keep dreaming." I said and turned around

Looking both ways I ran across the busy street not bothering to turn around and check if he was following me since I heard the cars behind me honk followed by cursing.

Huffing out loud I stopped by a corner deli when Holden grabbed my arm panting "Stop walking away." he said tugging me closer to him so I was pressed to his side

To an on goer it would seem as if we were a couple.

"Damn Aubrey all I wanted to do was invite you to the party I'm throwing tomorrow, all the pack members will be there."