Chapter 13

I've got nothing to say but school is approaching fast :( don't worry I'll still upload the story I just wanted to share my disappointment >_

Well enjoy!

*****************

Chapter 13

Aubrey's POV

Clenching and unclenching my fists against the table I couldn't remember the last time I was this angry at any person like I am with my parents right now. My original plan was to come back into the apartment and kick them out after giving a piece of my mind but when I actually stood in front of them I knew I couldn't.

I'm not that kind of person who can purposely hurt my parents. So now I must suffer through my mom's constant criticism and my dad grunting in response to everything anyone asked him. Not to mention the fact that neither one of them has apologized for their behavior earlier tonight and the night they crashed Hunter and I's date.

"Aubrey you haven't touched your food." my mom said pulling me out of my thoughts

Shaking my head clear I glanced down at the chicken parmesan that my mom whipped up, Kelly was going to order some dinner but my mom nearly had a heartache claiming that food from outside is filthy and without asking anyone she just barged into our kitchen and started cooking.

"I'm not hungry." I sighed and pushed my plate away

Kelly stabbed her fork into my chicken and placed in her plate with an innocent smile.

"Are you sick sweetie? Jerry check her temperature."

"I'm not sick." I said leaning away from my dad and his outstretched arm

My mom placed her knife and fork down her as her crystal blue eyes took in my appearance searching for something unknown. Reaching for the can of soda in front of me I took a sip needing to moisten my dry throat.

"You haven't spoken much, how is school?" she said hoping to start a conversation

"The same." I brushed her off noticing my dad was now staring my way too

"Nothing exciting happened lately?" she tried again

This time I shook my head not uttering a word. Leaning back into my seat I knew I was being rude but for the life if me I just couldn't even meet their gaze with wanting to shout out what exactly I was feeling. Instead I glanced down at my phone on my lap hoping to hear from Hunter.

After he left he sent me a text that he wasn't coming over tonight. But I've been wishing he sends another text saying he changed his mind but I knew that was just wishful thinking and I really wanted some excuse to get out of tonight.

"Expecting a call?" my dad asked in a dry tone

Slipping my phone into my front pocket I sat up and mumbled a no, after I moved out of my parent's house I never thought I'd have to suffer through another dinner like these again. A thick silence settled at the dinning table as the sound of the forks clattering on half empty plates as everyone eat not bothering to make any small talk. Kelly lifted her head exchanging a strange expression with Alex who shrugged, Kelly pressed her lips together and raised her brows but he just ignored her and went back to eating.

"Ow...." Alex groaned and glared at Kelly who gave him the same raised brow

He cleared his throat and sent Kelly one last dark look before speaking "This chicken is really good Mrs. Scott, is it a family recipe?"

My mom grinned happily at the complement as she readjusted herself in her seat. Here we go, I thought bitterly.

"Thank you dear and no it's not a family recipe I actually got this recipe from a cooking show but I had to tweak it a bit since the chicken came out dry." she gloated before taking a sip of her diet coke