Skyline.

Picture - Tayjah Faith >>>>

Aaliyah

Every shop that we went into I found something that I loved, but Tiara wasn’t feeling any of it.

“Too long”

“Too loose”

“Too much diamonds”

“Too ugly”

Nothing.  It’s like she had an idea in her mind and she wanted it to be perfect. We spent a good 4 hours walking around trying to find my dress and Tayjah was starting to complain, I was beginning to give up all hope.

I was walking amongst the loud city sirens and busy commenters with the smell of coffee drifting up my nose. As packed as this city was, I loved it here. It’s just so lively; The neon lights flash and city cars rushing by honking horns just made everything feel so surreal. Fashion. Power. Noise. Dynamic. I can see why people call it the Concrete Jungle…The feeling was immense. The Empire State Building hovered above the skyline just a few blocks away from us when I saw it. I just stopped. It was perfect and I wanted it. I wandered into the shop to see the dress in the window and I enquired about it to a shop assistant.

She handed it to me & took me to the dressing room where Tiara and Tay followed.

I slipped into it and walked out to the mirror.

“Oh. My. God.”

“Wiyah! You so priddy!!” She started clapping her hands widely.

I spun around in the mirror glancing at what possessed my body, damn I look good.

I wore a Herve Leger Beige Bodycon with Long Sleeves that exposed all of my back right down to the top of my ass; my crack almost showed. It revealed the tattoo I got on the lower part of my back which was Chinese writing that said “Family First” (Don’t judge me, I got it done when I was 16”).

I watched how the dress gripped my curves so well and how my bum just cocked out at the back. Lord, I am too sexy for my own good.

“It’s a done deal, you’re buying it.” Tiara smiled as if she had just gave birth to a new born baby.

“Hell yeah, I’m buying it!”

Fuck the price tag, this dress was $9,500. My credit card is just going to have to be my best friend for now.

Along with the dress, I brought $15,000 Black Christian Louboutin Heels, damn my Mama gon kill me when she see this bill. I also couldn’t forget to buy Tayjah something so I brought her a little Barbie dress which she even wanted to wear out the shop.

The cashier handed me my dress and shoes and I took it smiling triumphantly.

“Ain’t you going to buy anything, T?” I asked as she gave me the receipt.

“Honey, I got my Chanel dress waiting on me at home”

“Ooh, check you, slick. About Chanel.” I laughed

“Check you too, about Herve Leger. You do realise all Kim Kardashian and that rock his clothes?”

“And now Aaliyah Thomas is” I winked at her

“Don’t forget about Barbie, Wiyah!” Tay yelled clutching her dress.

“Of course not! Barbie is just as beautiful as you are”

She hugged me really tightly and I guess that was her way of saying thank you.

“Liyah, pree the time, we need to go home so we can start getting ready.” Tiara popped my bubble