Composure.

Daniel

As soon as I told Aaliyah that Chantay was my girl; her facial expression changed instantly. Her eyebrow rose and she took a sip from her cup to hide it.

"Well...It's been nice talking to you but I came here to party so if you excuse me" She spoke with annoyance in her voice.

She managed to get her words all out in one piece this time. I watched her as she stood up pulling on that oh so tight dress gripping her body so well but as soon as she stood, she came back down at the same speed being so unbalanced from the alcohol.

I managed to catch her but now we are lying in the most awkward position. Her soft hands clutch onto my arms as I held her body in my lap, her eyes searching mine. I took this time to analyse her face close up, it was beautiful, so pretty.

I decided to take my chance and began to lean in when I heard the elevator ding.

We both flew back to our original positions in a second. I stood up and walk over to the liquor table as watched as Chantay and my lookalike walked in.

"Babyyyy!" Her voice ringing through the halls

"I'm in here" I took a large swig from my cup

This is going to be interesting, I glanced over at Aaliyah as she tried to make herself invisible on the couch

"Oh, Dig, there you are!" She draped her long brown arms around my shoulders kissing me not even acknowledging Aaliyah. Chan looked beautiful as per usual; her beauty never fails me.

"You missed out down there, all eyes were on me and Dwayne" she giggled referring to my lookalike that I paid God knows how much for. He looked exactly like me, just shorter.

"You know I ain't about that,Chan" I replied; my attention was currently else where.

A small giggle echoed across the room and it didn't come from Chantay. She spun on her heels and focused on Aaliyah. In that second, I did one mini prayer.

"Diggy?" She clutched onto my arm

"Who is this?"

I looked over at Aaliyah then back at Chantay

"This-s-s- iss...urm-m-m, that-t-t-t is"

"My names Aaliyah, nice to meet too Chantay."

Aaliyah stuck her hand out indicating for Chantay to shake it but she stared at it in disgust.

"Sorry, but why are you here?" She asked, her hand was clutching onto mine and I saw Aaliyah's gaze travel to it then back up to my face.

"Daniel was just showing me around, but i was just leaving" Aaliyah picked up her purse off the couch and walked towards me.

"It was nice running into you again, Daniel"

In the corner of my eye, I saw Chantay's expression turn from confused to irritated.

"What does she mean 'again', Daniel?!" She yelled in a whisper into my ear making Aaliyah chuckle

This alcohol definitely made her brave. She glanced back over to Chantay.

"Listen Audrey I-"

"The names Aaliyah"

"Whoever. Stay away from Daniel, he's mine" She draped her hand over me and I had the strongest urge to push it off making Aaliyah notice

She chuckled and looked in my face.

"Not for long he isn't" She flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked out with her heels clicking against the cold marble floors every step of the way. I heard the elevator door open meaning she had left.