Homecoming [canon AU ;) ]

"Marco-can you do something for me?" she asked.
"Um...sure." he said, wondering what she needed his help with.
"I...I've never had my first kiss." she said quietly so he could only barely hear her.
"W...what do you want me to do about that?" Marco asked, but he knew her answer before she replied.
"I would like for you to kiss me." she whispered, her lips touching his ear as she spoke.
"Why me?" Marco asked.
"Because you're my bestie. And I don't...I don't want to have to remember my first kiss being with some stupid guy. I want to be able to know the stupid guy." Star said quietly.
"Won't it...you know, look like we're...and in front of everyone?" Marco whispered.
"Come on, dork. You scared?" Star challenged.
"Not scared. I just...I haven't...you know...I don't know how." Marco managed to stutter in a flustered state.
"I'll help you." Star said, grabbing his hand and putting it on her cheek, hoping he couldn't feel it heat up. He pulled his hand away, embarrassed.
"I don't know if I can do this, Star." he murmured.
"Then just close your eyes." she said, grabbing the collar of his shirt and slamming her lips up against his.
Eventually her arms laced around his neck, his hands finding their way to her waist and pulling her in closer.
She made a small squealing sound of contentment, and after a few seconds both had to pull away, but as they looked into each other's eyes they both started...laughing.
"I can't believe we just did that!" Star laughed, looking Marco directly in the eyes.
"Me neither..." Marco said, "especially not in front of everyone."
"Good job." she said, awkwardly patting his shoulder. "Pretty good kisser for a first-timer."
"Um...thanks." Marco said, trying his absolute best not to turn tomato-red.
As they stood there in the awkward position for a minute, a song both knew came blasting through the speakers.
"Do you...want to dance?" Marco asked, and Star smiled.
"Absolutely." she said, leaning in closer so her head was against his chest.
Neither knew how long the song lasted, or how long they had been dancing for.
Only one thing contaminated the thoughts of each:
I just kissed my best friend.
Did I...like it?