Chapter Ten

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

I know I was running late as I slammed the door of my car and walked briskly in the glass building of our office. The rest of the staff's already in the newsroom when I got there. Great, just like what I fucking want: draw attention to myself. I pulled on my top a little higher by the collar, a vain attempt to cover up the red spot on my neck before marching in the newsroom and sat on my usual spot as naturally as a late Camila Cabello could. I grumble an apology and focused myself on listening to Niall who's currently talking. They looked weirdly at me for a moment and I thought it's the hickey but I guess they're not used of me getting late. I barely get late. When I could properly breathe again thinking I got away with it, I caught Harry's smirk across the table.

Well, fuck.

He kept on smirking the whole time and it unnerved the fuck out of me.

"Had a good night?" he asked me once the meeting ended.

"Sure," I told him, non-committal. "It was alright."

"Sweet," he smirked. "Catch me up later."

I look at Harry as he returned to his cubicle and smiled. He's been a lot happier this past week and I got to thank Louis for that for putting a smile on my best friend's lips.

I busied myself the whole morning, editing, reading news off the internet, and staring at my phone waiting for Lauren's call. Well, she told me she'd call me later, I'm just curious at what time she plans to. I debated whether to call her instead. But what would I say? I have no fucking clue. All I know is I want to hear her voice again.

I was in my office typing away on my laptop when Lauren finally called around lunchtime.

I snatched the phone off the table that I almost sent it flying away. I mentally scold myself. Smooth Camila, just smooth. "Hello?" I answered, saving my work and closing the laptop.

"Hey." Her voice got me melting to a puddle. "How's work?"

"Minimal jeering."

She laughed "Hey listen, my friend and I are going clubbing tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come with us?"

Friend? Huh. "Will your friend be alright with it?"

"Yeah! She actually wanted to meet you."

"Why is that?"

"Well, let's just say I can't stop talking about you when she came over this afternoon."

My mind processed what she said. All jealousy down the drain, Lauren just admitted that she couldn't stop talking about me.

"Sure, I have no plans for tonight anyway. I'd love to meet your friend."

"So that's a yes?" I could feel her excitement through the line.

"Yes."

"Great!" she exclaimed. "Oh, Camz?"

"Yeah?"

"I actually told my friend I'd set her up with Luke, you don't think he'd mind coming along?"

"I don't think he'll mind, I actually think he's going to be pleased. I'll tell him later, yeah?"

"Okay, thanks. I'll call you later about it."

"Alright, later Laur." I hung up and leaned back on my chair, grinning widely. Another Lauren Jauregui-filled night. I got out my office and went over to Luke's cubicle. I found him attempting to finish a Rubik's cube.