Chapter Twenty Eight

All rights go to original author.

A/N: HELLO MY LOVELY READERS! How's it going? 3 months aye? I'm back on track though so I should update Ink in the next day or so. Anyways...Enjoy I guess

__________________________________________________________________

I slowly creep into consciousness. My hand slides out from the warmth of the duvet and reached out to Lauren beside me. Only there's no Lauren beside me. I clutched the cold sheets and forced my eyes to open.

"Lo?" I call out groggily. It's ridiculous that I'm already fucking panicking without her beside me when I wake up but to add the ridiculousness of it, she's just a meter away from me.

"I'm here," her voice replies.

I prop myself up on one elbow and see her crossed legged on the floor, her back rested against the bed and is fussing over something.

"What are you doing?" I asked and moved towards her. She's holding a camera in her hands and one look on the screen I knew she was taking photographs of me again. "You pervert."

She stopped fussing over the photos and turned to me with a mischievous smile. "Good morning," she says and kisses me.

"G'morning," I replied when we break away. "What are you doing up so early?" I asked, lying on my back and stare at the ceiling, making a big yawn.

Lauren sits up on the bed and we stare at each other for a minute. The bump on her forehead has already come back to normal and just a faint purple blotch in its place. It's been almost a week since her accident and I was afraid something would happen to her if she's out my sight so I insisted she stay in my apartment while she heals.

Lauren reached out and pushed the hair out my face. "I'm leaving today, remember?"

My shoulders sagged. "You really have to go?"

She's going to Tampa to start setting up the exhibit and I totally forgot about it. Not that I was not paying attention, I was just fucking distracted with her accident and her injuries most of the time to think properly.

"Selena's been running errands since Thursday. I have to go and help her."

The exhibit's only two more weeks away from their opening and Lauren should have been in Tampa since the other day with Selena but because of my insistence, she took a few days off.

"But I need you here."

I'm whining, I know but I can't help it. Ever since the accident there's this constant need for me to be with her, to protect her from the harms that might go her way. When Nathan died, I didn't get to do anything to stop it but I can do it now with Lauren. If she fucking dies on me or just gets hurt in the slightest without me lifting a finger, I won't be able to forgive myself.

Lauren smiled radiantly, seems to be enjoying my clingy side. "You can always visit," she said tenderly.

I groaned. "But you might not be completely alright yet."

"Camz, I don't feel pain anymore."

"But the doctor said you should get proper rest!"

"And I have for the last five days, thanks to you."

"Five days isn't enough."

"It is for me."

"Pfft, fine leave me."

The bed dipped when Lauren climbed the bed. Before I know it, she's straddling my hips, her weight trapping me down.

"Don't be like that baby, fuck knows I want to spend all my time with you." She reached out and twines both of our hands together. She kissed the back of my palms before she reached down and kisses me.