Chapter 1

Percy POV

I was forced into immortality. Annabeth and I just wanted a simple and ordinary life but I should have known the Fates wouldn't allow it.

*Flashback*

A drop. Only one drop of my blood was needed to wake Gaia, not Jason's, not Leo's, not Frank's, not Hazel's, not Piper's and not even Annabeth's, only mine. But I had to give it to her or else Porphyrion would have cut the throat of my mother Sally Jackson, the kindest woman you could ever meet.

"Don't do it Percy!" My mother screamed.

"I'm sorry," I said as I cut my palm with a knife.

A drop. That's all that fell from my palm. The earth at first didn't react, but, after I seen the drop disappear being absorbed by the earth a massive earthquake shook Mount Olympus to its core. Both armies, gods and giants alike watched as the Earth Mother, Gaia, Primordial Goddess of the Earth finally awoke. It was then that the battle truly started.

I tried to get to my mother but it was already too late, Porphyrion didn't need her anymore so with a quick flick of his wrist she died of a broken neck. All I saw was red and my only thought was kill. I jumped on the shoulders of Porphyrion followed by riptide through his skull and Poseidon's Trident through his heart and he fell melting back into the earth of which he came.

My next target was Gaia herself and since the rest of the Gods and Giants were occupied, I was left to handle her alone. It was then that the dam broke and the oceans responded to my call. I flooded the earth but it wasn't harmful to mortals. I used every water molecule on earth to weaken Gaia. With that I shook the Earth with my earth shaker powers and while she was caught off balance I plunged my sword through her chest. She was surprised but defeated and yet before she faded she whispered two words that unnerved me.

"I'm sorry."

So, now the war was over.