Chapter 1

Tris P.O.V
Flashback
Me and Uriah were in my room watching Disney channel watching Girl Meets World. My parents and my brother were downstairs making me and Uriah sandwiches with fruit.The music that introduces the show comes on and we put the music on blast.

Me and Uriah started jumping up and down and we hear a loud pitch scream. I grab the remote and press mute. "Uriah did you hear th--" Then we hear gun shots. I open the door a little bit to see what was happening and I see my dad's body on the floor with a pool of blood next to him.

I was about to go all the way downstairs when I feel a tug pull me inside the room. "What the hell are you thinking Tris! We need to get out of here now!" He whisper/yells. "No, I'm not leaving my parents." I say calmly. Uriah was about to say something else when we heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

We run to the window and break the window open. I see a familiar car but I can't remember who drives it. Uriah jumps down to the trampoline. "Come on Tris! Nobody is outside come on!" Uriah yells. When I was about to jump, the door swings open. The person is wearing a black mask and wearing all black and there are two people behind the person.

"Get her!" The person yells. I go on the ledge and the person pulls out a gun. The gun goes off and I feel a pang of pain in my arm. I fall off the ledge and land on the trampoline. I scream in pain. Uriah pulls my arm and helps me up. They jump and land on the trampoline.

Me and Uriah start running and I look back. The person takes off there mask and it's Marcus. That's Tobias father. "We will get you Beatrice! Just you wait and see!" He yells. We keep running and we get close to the woods.

We stop running and take a break. "Okay Tris we need to go." I look back and Uriah says "Don't look back." We start walking and we find this cabin and it has everything that's in a house. It has two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom with everything in it. There is everything that's inside a house. There are clothes in there that are my size.

"Tris!" Uriah yells. My head snaps to the door. I run downstairs and look for Uriah. I go to the kitchen and see him making food. "Holy crap Uriah!" I yell. "Why would you yell!? I thought they came back!" I say. "Oh if they did, I would have beat the shit out of them." He say. "No but really do you want food?" "Um... Yea let me change." I say.

I go upstairs and change into more comfortable clothes. I go downstairs and the food is already served and he is just watching TV. "Uriah... How are we going to survive? We're only ten years old." I say my voice cracking. "Tris have some hop--" "How Uriah!? My parents and brother are dead! We can just go to your house and tell your parents."

"No Tris. Listen--" "Reporting from the news, there has been a fire. There are two adults  who have lost there life's and there are three children  who have lost there life's. The two adults are Andrew and Natalie Prior. With their children Caleb and Beatrice Prior. And also we believe was there friend or family member Uriah Pedrad. The parents and one sibling Caleb have been shot and the other two children have died because of the fire. The children were only ten years old and they parents were thirty five."

Me and Uriah just look at each other and stare at each other wide eyed. "We're dead!" I yell. "Your family is going to think that you are dead! You need to go to your family and tell them your not dead!" I tell Uriah. "No Tris I'm not leaving you!" "And you can take me with you." "No we can stay here." I sigh defeated. We just eat and watch TV and look around the cabin. We go to bed and I dream about what we would be doing if we didn't have the shooting.