Looking Back

Author's Note: Trust me all, I love writing and updating, but I just don't have time to do it. I'm a nursing student and I work part time, so free time pretty much doesn't exist to me. Please know that I would be updating more often if I had the time to. I'm glad you guys are enjoying my stories, but please don't send me threats, or tell me that you've told everyone never to read my stories. I update more often than a lot of writers on here, so please don't be a dick

Anyways sorry for my mild rant. Hope you enjoy the update :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy's POV:

Emily let out a deep breath and collapsed on the couch. She had brought breakfast to the shed early this morning, but when she say that Tommy was still asleep, she told me to come inside. Steve was leaning back in his recliner and Emily had her feet up on the coffee table. She had dumped our dishes in the sink, but she had never bothered to wash them. Adam sat on the arm of the couch next to Emily.

"Have you had any visitors since we got here?" I asked Steve.

"Don't worry," Steve said as he stretched his arms up over his head. "Like I said, nobody ever comes out here."

Perfect.

I needed to wait until tonight to kill them. I wanted to be able to take them by surprise. Steve and Adam would have to go first. Emily wasn't much of a threat, she was so small that I could easily overpower her.

"Is it all true?" Emily asked me.

"What?" I asked.

"The basement. It's all over the news."

She told me last night that they were interviewing Julie. I knew she wouldn't say anything, but I could feel the worry eating away at me.

"Can you put it on?" I asked.

Steve fished for the remote in the corner of the recliner. Once he found it, he flipped through the channels until there were reporters on the screen. A woman and a man sat behind a large desk. A photo of our home sat in between them. Dad would be so upset if he saw this happening.

"Carrie is being released from St-Agatha's on Monday morning," the woman said.

"Juliet has only recovered enough to ask a few questions from the police," the man continued. "They believe she is suffering from something known as Stockholm Syndrome. The trauma from that house has made it difficult for her to see things rationally."

Julie is fine. They were just filling her head with lies and she knew better than to believe them.

"A recording of her interview was released a few hours ago," she said.

The scene changed so that it was just a blue screen. It was silent for a second before a girl started sobbing heavily. I knew in an instant that it was Julie. I couldn't believe that those monsters would record her crying and then play it for everybody to hear.

"Please," Julie sobbed and pleaded. "You don't understand nobody understands."

Hearing her crying made my stomach churn. I wanted to reach into the screen and pull her into my arms. I wanted to hold her, stroke her hair, and make her feel safe.