Identification

Author's Note: Thanks for everyone who has kept reading! You all have a special place in my heart :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's POV:

I didn't want to struggle with putting on pants, so I settled with a dress. It was one of the many things Carrie bought for me before I left the hospital. The soft burgundy material stopped above my knees, so the bandage on my thigh was covered. I put on a dark sweater to keep warm. Carrie had promised to look after Hunter today for me.

She was sitting in the kitchen with him on her lap. He had his stuffed monkey in his hands. Carrie had a magazine open on the table in front of her. She smiled when she saw me, but her smile quickly dropped from her face.

"You look nice," she said.

"Thanks."

"Detective Cameron called," she told me. "He said he'll be here in about ten minutes."

I've been up for the past couple hours since I woke up from my last Tommy induced nightmare, and I never heard the phone ring. I pulled out one of the chairs from the kitchen table and sat down.

"How come you never told me?" Carrie asked.

"Told you about what?" I tried to play dumb.

"About...the meat."

I kept my eyes locked on my fingers intertwined with each other. I did not want to see the hurt or the disgusted looking expression on Carrie's face.

"I didn't want to scare you," I said quietly. "I would have eventually though."

We waited in silence. Carrie would turn the page of her magazine every so often, and I kept my eyes down on the table. I was strangely relieved when someone knocked on the door. Carrie set Hunter down in my lap and she ran to the door. I could hear them mumbled to each other, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

"How are you feeling today, Juliet?"

I looked over my shoulder to see Cameron. He was wearing a suit and had a blue tie around his neck. He had dark circles under his eyes. Carrie was by his side and she was smiling again.

"I'm alright," I said.

"Where's your wheelchair?" he asked.

"It's in the living room," Carrie said before turning around. I rolled my eyes because she was treating me like I couldn't speak for myself.

"I should be okay if we're just going to the station," I said.

"There's going to be a bit of walking," he said. "We need to take a stop at the hospital first."

"The hospital?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why do we need to go there?"

"It's just a formality."

Carrie pushed the wheelchair into the kitchen. I gave Hunter a kiss before I handed him over to Carrie. Cameron gave me his hand and helped me get into the wheelchair. The chair was hard to maneuver on my own, but it wouldn't be bad if I had somebody pushing me around. It would feel good not to drag my leg around all day.