chapter 13

The next morning I woke up feeling fresh and alive. Today was formal day. I was keen for all the good things to come. I was looking forward to going away with the guys and I was nervous about results and finding out if I had made it into the A League Championships.

I couldn't let myself worry about that right now, I needed to focus on today and what I had to do. I was getting my hair done at 12 followed by my makeup at 1:30. Then I had to come home and get dressed for photos and then Carter would be picking me up around five.

I had sent Carter a few texts throughout the day to confirm the details with him and to let him know that I had booked us a hotel. I had gone there earlier to leave some clothes and my overnight bag. I thought it would be a good opportunity to enjoy each other's company and if anything else where to happen then so be it.

*

I walked downstairs to find Mum and Isabelle getting ready and making a cup of tea.

"Oh good Savannah, you're awake," said Mum.

"Yes I am, what are you two doing?"

"We're coming with you of course. Mum went with me to my appointments and she's not going to miss yours and I want to see you get all glammed up plus someone has to be the photographer to capture some evidence of this day. It's also part of the job description so move your ass or we're going to be late," said Isabelle with a smile. I hadn't seen her be friendly with me like this in a long time.

"I forgot how bossy you can be," I laughed going upstairs to finish getting ready.

I met Mum and Isabelle downstairs before jumping in the car and having a look at my phone for more hairstyles and make up ideas to make sure I was happy with what I had chosen. I had decided to just go with a very natural make up look and to have my hair up in a simple up do style with a few loose strands of hair.

The whole time I was getting my hair and makeup done, Isabelle was busy taking photos at all different angles. Isabelle also informed me that I would be doing and impromptu photoshoot in our backyard after I had finished getting ready and before Carter came to pick me up.

I was going to fall asleep at this rate. I felt like I had been here for hours and after checking my phone I saw that I had.  I just wanted it to be over so I could see the end result. I was getting anxious and wanted to go home so I could get ready and go. The anticipation was killing me.

Finally though after what felt like hours and longer than I had actually been here for, I was allowed to look at myself in the mirror. I drew in a breath and couldn't believe what I saw. I looked like a completely different person. I looked elegant. I mean I don't spend a lot of time in front of a mirror staring at myself but this was wow.

"Thank you," I said to the girls. They had done an amazing job from the picture I showed them and this looked so much better.

"You look good sis," said Isabelle.

Mum was too busy crying to say anything so I just laughed and smiled with her.

I really wanted to go home and I was eager to see Carter.

Once we got into the car and drove home, I raced up to my room to finish my preparations.

I pulled my dress out from my wardrobe and admired it for a few minutes. It looked just as gorgeous as the first time I saw it in the shop. I couldn't wait to have a good time tonight and let myself have some fun.

I needed to let loose and I couldn't wait for Carter to see me. I put on the dress before admiring the complete look in my mirror. I put on my shoes and went downstairs with my phone and bag for Isabelle to take some more photos before Carter arrived.