chapter 5

I hadn't heard from Aiden all weekend, so I knew he was planning something.

When I walked into school on Monday morning the boys where in the courtyard at our usual table.

It was hot today so I resorted to wearing shorts, which was never my usual attire.

"Well if it isn't little miss Savannah. You have a lot of explain to do girl," said Jay.

"What exactly am I explaining?" I asked.

"How you didn't tell us about you and Carter and how you were planning to leave town without telling us. I thought we were supposed to be your best friends, your brothers Savannah."

"Sorry but I didn't think you'd all want to hear about me and Carter. About me leaving town I thought it would be obvious. There is nothing keeping me here now. It's not like you all can't visit me."

"But it won't be the same without you," said Marco.

"I'm sure well visit each other."

"Well I will hold you to that," said Andrew.

"Deal," I replied as the bell for class rang.

As everyone went to leave to go to class, Jay pulled me aside.

"After class we need to have a chat, just me and you alright?"

"Yeah sure. I'll meet you at the usual spot?"

"Yes".

*

Class passed in a blur. All I could think about was what Jay wanted to talk about. I had work after school and then I was planning to do a few rounds on the track. I was planning to record my audition tape for the A league championships soon. I had two weeks before the final entry tape was due.

"Miss Edwards, can you answer the question please?" asked my teacher.

"Can you repeat the question please?" I asked.

He repeated the question and I answered before he warned me not to day dream and pay attention. I really hated school.

Once class was over, I headed out to the courtyard to find Jay before meeting the rest of the group in the cafeteria.

I spotted Jay walking towards me and met him halfway.

"Hello brother."

"Hello girly, now sit down we have a lot to chat about. So about you and Carter, spill the beans"

"What do you want me to say Jay, Carter's my fuck buddy whenever I want a root?"

"God you sound like a dude right now."

"Well I'm definitely not a lady, especially with friends like you."

"So it's nothing serious then?"

"No Jay, it's not. I am just messing around. I want to enjoy my last year of high school and I don't want to regret anything. I don't want to sit back and do nothing either."

"Well that's true. You and Aiden are going to drive us crazy, you know that right?"

I swallowed the lump I felt in my throat before answering him.

"There is nothing going on between Aiden and I, Jay."

"Bullshit, there is so much sexual tension in the air when I'm around. You both know that you want to jump each other's bones."

"I do not want to jump his bones," I said air quoting.

"You do and that's final. Aiden has been given the same lecture so take it all in and begin to comprehend that you two will fuck and you will enjoy it."