chapter 6

After yesterday’s disaster, I decided not to bring up the audition tap with Aiden. After we had finished filming, he took it home with him to edit and cut it, before he would send it off on my behalf.  Aiden had struck a nerve with me yesterday and I was in no mood to talk to him.

After our argument, I had stormed home and proceeded to ignore everyone in a ten mile radius and had not touched my phone at all. On top of everything, I was stressing about exams for school and I hadn’t heard from Carter in a few days, which was odd for him.

I had decided to skip school since I had exams in a week and I was in no mood for revision of things I already knew. My head was all over the place and I needed to get my emotions in check.

I sent a quick text to Carter letting him know I was going to pay him a visit. I decided to drive considering the weather was looking crappy and the forecast said it was meant to rain later on. I grabbed my keys and headed out to the garage. Unfortunately, the drive was not long enough and my thoughts were starting to swarm in my head.  

I pulled into his apartment complex and walked to his front door. I knocked and waited for him to answer. Carter was standing in black skinny jeans and a white t shirt.

“Hey Savannah”

“Hey Carter, are you going to invite me in” I asked cockily.

“How rude of me, please come in” he said in a posh voice, making me laugh.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. As far as I knew, Carter lived alone. My reasoning was every time I was over we were the only ones here.

“So how have you been?” I asked suddenly remembering my manners.

“I’ve been alright, been busy with work and stuff.”

If I was completely honest with myself, I didn’t really know much about Carter at all. He knew everything about me, but getting him to open up to me was harder than I had thought.

“What brings you here Sav?”

“Just wanted to check on you, I’ve missed you the past few days and I haven’t heard from you. Plus I wanted to ask you something.”

“You know I’ve missed you too, it’s just been really hectic. What did you want to ask me? Should I be worried?”

“Don’t be an idiot. I just was curious, graduation is in a month or so and the prom is coming up, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go as my date and make the whole thing suck a little less for me?”

“Are you asking me out, Sav?”

I looked down at the floor. I felt completely and utterly mortified. I had just asked Carter out ad turned into a huge girl at the same time. I hated the prom, dresses, and girly shit yet around him, I turned into a soft nut. I need to grow some balls. My bad ass attitude was being washed down the drain right before my eyes.

I felt him step closer to me and place his hands on either side of my face.

“Savannah, look at me.”

I knew things were about to get serious. He never called me by my full name.

My eyes shifted to meet his. He had a smile on his face but I couldn’t read him. I shifted uncomfortably.

“Do I make you nervous?” he asked chuckling.

“If I’m honest, yes a little but it’s the situation. I can’t believe I asked you out.”

“You’re showing that you’re vulnerable and you don’t like that. It means you feel comfortable around me and that makes you nervous because you don’t like opening up to people. I would love to be your date to prom and it is not stupid. It’s something you will remember for the rest of your life as one of your last high school memories. Now before your head pops off from all the stress you’re holding in, how about I give you a little release and make your trip downtown worth it?” he said before closing the distance between us and pressing his lips to mine.