chapter 8

I decided to get a taxi to the club so I wouldn't have to be the designated driver. I hated being that person that had to watch all her friends drink while you had to stay sober. I always opted to find an alternative.

I smoothed my dress down before walking towards the club, which I had been to a few times with the boys after a day of racing. Jay was good mates with the owner of the club. He was supposedly a friend of the family's and let Jay and his friends in whenever they wanted. Since I was one of those friends', the security guards knew me well. I walked straight to the front of the line and smiled at the security guy. His name was Adrian, if memory serves.

I smiled at him before saying hi.

"Hey little miss, haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been busy A, you know me."

"Go straight in beautiful. The boys are already in there."

I smiled at him again before walking in, much to everyone who was still in line's protests.

I walked straight up to the bar and ordered myself a drink before scanning the club in search of my so called friends. I spotted Jay on the dance floor with some girl but the other three were out of sight until I felt someone touch my arm.

I turned around to see Andrew, Marco and Aiden grinning like fools.

"What is up with you three?"

"We think its hilarious Jay is dancing. He never dances", Marco laughed.

"It doesn't have anything to do with that girl does it?" I asked, eyeing the pair on the dance floor.

"It might," grinned Andrew.

"Who is she?" I asked, curiously.

"She's some girl he's had his eye on for a while."

"Why didn't I know about this?"

"You know Jay, he doesn't like talking about himself."

"Do you think he needs help?" asked Marco.

"No, you leave him alone," I warned, before taking another sip of my drink.

"Did you drive?" Aiden asked.

"Nah, I got a cab here so I wouldn't be stuck as designated driver again."

I had outsmarted them for once, as they all cursed.

"Well someone has to drive all our arses back home," said Andrew.

"I think it's your turn Andrew," said Aiden.

"Fine, but I'm not dealing with all you drunken arses and someone else is buying the next round."

"Deal," I said smiling. I had wormed my way out of it. I ordered us all another round and some shots before bringing them over to a table we had found empty.

"Here you go grommets," I said placing the drinks down and grabbing myself a shot.

"You might want to watch yourself Sav, we don't need you getting drunk."

"And why can't I get drunk? Why do you think I came out tonight? I want to get hammered."

"Why?" they all asked at the same time.

"Because I just want to be drunk. I just need to be numb for a while."

"Are you okay Savannah?" Asked Andrew.

"Yeah I'm fine. It just gets a little too much sometimes you know?"

"Yeah I understand. You know you can talk to us if you need to?" said Marco.