Chapter 16

So, my writers block cleared enough to be able to write this chapter, thanks to a certain someone on here, you know who you are :)

My aim is to try my hardest to continue writing this book and to keep my regular updates going. I'm not sure how many chapters are left but I don't want it to be any more than 25 chapters maximum but you never know.

But, here is chapter 16 so I hope you enjoy it :D

Rae' Rae x

_________________________________________________________________

Callie's POV

The Generals. Two people from every realm, appointed specifically by the King and Queen, who handle the issues within the kingdom. Most of the time, the Kings and Queens themselves will handle everything, however, in the case of war, they send the Generals to handle it for them. After what happened to my parents, it was informally decided that the Kings and Queens were not to fight in any war that wasn't directly connected to them, to avoid any injury or worse, death.

Seeing as the war with King Symmons is directly connected to the wolves, me and Corinne will be fighting on the frontline. Our kingdom doesn't like it and have tried to persuade us otherwise but it wouldn't be fair to allow the warriors to go into a war that they didn't start. It's cowardly and we weren't cowards.

Today was the day where we would be greeting the Generals from the mermaid kingdom as well as the witch and warlock kingdom. Quite frankly, Corinne didn't want to sit around and do nothing, waiting for the war to come, so she thought of an idea to gain some intel on the vampire kingdom. It was going to be risky but it was something we needed to do if we had any chance of winning this war and we couldn't pull it off without the help of the Generals.

Waiting outside the castle for the Generals arrival was nerve-wracking. Throughout my reign, I have never met the Generals. They tend to stay private and it wasn't often where their services were needed. I've seen the council more times than I've seen the Generals, which was saying a lot because the council hardly ever show themselves either, with the exception of the yearly check-up.

Unconsciously, I adjusted my crown as I saw two limos pull into the castle gates. I was nervous yes, but I couldn't let them know that. It would show weakness and if there was one thing I refused to be, it would be weak.

The limos came to a stop in front of the castle, allowing two of my guards to open the doors. From the first limo, a man and a woman stepped out. But the second one, It was wrong of me but I couldn't help look over the two women that stepped out. They were extremely beautiful. Not as beautiful as Corinne but beautiful nonetheless. I could appreciate a beautiful woman when I saw one, despite the fact that I was happily married.

Making my way down the steps, the Generals bowed to me. I gave them a single nod and waved my guards off,

"Generals," I started, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Although the circumstances aren't how I imagined it."

All four of them raised their heads. I took that opportunity to look over their attire. They were more or less wearing the same uniform, just in different colours. All Generals had the same uniform to match their royal colours. They also had their royal crest stitched into the top left side of the uniform, letting everyone know exactly what kingdom they were representing, as if the colours weren't enough to let everyone know.

The two Generals from the mermaid kingdom took a step forward first, "Your majesty, my name is Johan Latrivé and this is my wife Serena Lotano-Latrivé."