Chapter 17

Well, usually I aim to upload a chapter every Saturday; Sunday at the latest buuuuut I thought I'd upload this one a bit early this week, a little end of the week treat for you guys lol

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)

Rae' Rae x

__________________________________________________________________

Corinne's POV

Two days. It's been exactly two days since the Generals left the castle to go back to their realms. It has also been exactly three hours since Leon left for the vampire kingdom.

Tatum and Sasha managed to gain the approval from their King and Queen and found a high enough warlock to assist us. He was actually the King's cousin. A level eighty-six warlock. He and Leon left together three hours ago, fully briefed on the plan. If they ran at a steady pace the whole way, it would be roughly a couple of days before they reached the castle. We would not be able to have contact with them until they got there. It was nerve-wracking but it was something we had to do and all we could do now was wait.

The past couple of days have been rather hectic though. We received a call from my mum yesterday explaining how Corey wanted to come home. He was confused about why he was there and was adamant on the fact that me and Callie had abandoned him. My mum said he was crying for hours. She said the best thing to do was to video chat with him, to let him know that we were still around and we were always going to be around. It took a very long time to convince him but we managed to do it in the end.

*Flashback*

"I think it would be best to video chat with him, he won't stop crying." My mum explained. Corey was having a bit of an episode today. We sent him away with my parents to keep him as far away from the upcoming war as possible. We couldn't afford for him to get hurt again so that was the only thing we could think of. The problem with that was the fact that Corey had abandonment issues, seeing as his biological parents literally left him on the castle steps. It took ages just to get him to agree to go with my parents and no he thinks me and Callie has left him forever, which is far from the case.

I looked over at Callie. The phone was on loudspeaker so she could hear the conversation as well. She had a pained look on her face. It wasn't nice to know that your son was hurting and you couldn't do anything about it,

"Me and Callie and by our computer right now, we will connect with you."

Callie logged onto our computer and opened up video chat. She clicked on my mum's name and it rang a few times before she answered. My phone then beeped twice, letting me know that my mum had disconnected the call.

My mums face popped up onto the computer screen and me and Callie both smiled and waved at her, receiving the same in return,

"Hi mum, are you okay?" I asked. She nodded,

"I was up until not long ago when Corey just suddenly fell into this episode."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, "I'm so sorry, he is not usually like that."

"He thinks you two aren't coming back for him. Everyone has tried to tell him that it's not true but he isn't hearing any of it so I hope by him actually seeing you and hearing it come directly from you, he might actually believe it."

I nodded, "Put him on please."

She nodded and moved away from the computer screen. I looked over at Callie and she shook her head,