5 ••• Neutron Star Collison

The good thing about my house at night was: when it was all very dark and quiet, you could see te sky in different shades of blue and dark purple with all the stars in sight.

So, once me and her got up on the roof and lay next to each other, our hands barely grazing; I relaxed to the sound of her little humming. When I turned my head to the side, an faced her, she was stunning. I can't believe such beautiful would be laying next to me on my roof top.

It was the biggest blessing God could give me. She turned and looked at me, too; smiling, but ... I frowned.

"What is it?" I asked her, she sighed and looked up again.

"Do you think ..." She whispered. "Do you think that I'm a bad person, Tess?" She asked, wondering. My frown only deepened.

"No, why would you be a bad person, Dawn?" I asked her.

"I naturally choose the dark things in everything. It's like my nature. I dislike bright things, I dislike the sunlight. I try to see the best in people and end up admiring their bad. Right now, I'm gazing at billions of fireballs and I don't have to cut my eyes, squint, nothing." I laughed at that last part.

"Of course, stars aren't as bright as the sun, so if you were gazing at billions of suns as you are now. Well, you wouldn't. You'd die." After a moment of silence, I continued. "Liking dark things doesnt make you bad. It makes you different and mysterious.

What makes you bad is what you decide to do with those dark things. Would you deny a kid a bright smile because their smile is simply brilliant?" She shook her head slowly. "Would you tell the sun to stop shinning because you dislike it?"

"Impossible to do," she sighed, defeated: as if she's tried to do it before. Maybe she has? "But if the chance came up: I wouldn't dare to."

"Right, would you just stop looking for the best in people because you'll know you'll get the bad eventually?" She looked at me and frowned.

"I can't." She said. "I looked for the good in you since the first day you took me, and all I could see was bad." My stomach literally dropped. I was about to give her the 'oh' for 'ohkay, you hurt me but I'll just say 'oh' so you don't know I'm  hurt' thing, but...

"But I just saw my own bad things reflected in your so open eyes. And I hated it, thus making me hate you, cowboy. But ... when I looked again, and saw the real you, I couldn't admire your bad, because: you didn't have any." It's okay. My stomach's back in its place.

"I've never seen bad in you either," I replied. "I've seen broken and vulnerable and loneness. But not bad. And I know that you know that, too." She smiled, and we both looked up at the same time just in time to see a shooting star; we both pointed at it and gasped.

"Shooting star!" We said at the same time. And laughed, after that: she rolled over so she was curled up against me and her hands around me.

"You make me feel safe, Tess," she whispered. "But you know what will happen sooner rather than later. And I don't want to lose you, but ..."

"I know. It's your choice." I replied. "You stay, you go: I'll still be here with arms open."

As warned and said: it was done. For almost two weeks, I ached to be with her, my working sucked, my appetite sucked. My sleeping routine sucked. Mom's vacuum stopped sucking, so that sucked, too. And I sucked. I needed her around.

What if she got in another fight with her mom? What if she fought with someone else?

What if?
What if?
What if?

The very next day after my boring day of picking up mt work and milking two cows, I decided to go pick her up from her house, or at least see her. So I drove away to her place. Once I'm there: I knock on her door thrice. One again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Hold ya horses, man!" I heard a raspy voice say. I'm betting it was a woman. Her mom? The door opened and a middle aged, good enough looking woman glared at me. "Who are you?"

"Tess, I'm Dawn's friend...?"

"Was that a question or answer?"

"I'm Dawn's friend, ma'am." I repeated more confiden—

"Wrong answer," she made a buzzing sound. "Dawn don't have no friends. So beat it, lover boy." Before she could slam the door, I held it.

"Please, tell her I need to see her."

"Git', I ain't wanna see you 'round here no more." The woman shoo'd me away. But I saw Dawn behind her.

"Dawn!" I called. "Please, can you tell—"

"Go. Away." She ground, she looked like she was crying: her eyes were red and her cheeks and nose were red, too. She was wearing a short skirt and a crop top, so I held myself from looking further down that her neck, which had a 'ChoKer' with a heart on it. "I never want to see you ever. again." She slammed the door on my face, and I heard shouting muffled by things slamming around.

"That guy is just like your father! They all leave ya at the best part, and then you. are. nothin'!"

"So why, mom, why did he come here? It's been two weeks and he came back!" Something like glass shattered down. I was stunned. This wasn't normal at all.

"Ya own father came back, but he literally left the next day."

"Because you're a bitch, mom. And no one wants to deal you!" I left before abything could possibly get any worse. I wanted to go in and help, maybe say something.

But I had a strong feeling either women wouldn't like that.

I also held an even stronger feeling that Dawn needed me more than I knew. I just didn't know how to aproach her needs without looking like a 'helpful mentor' or something tagt would make her think that I think she needs help.

Hey. Have you ever fought with someone, and you just want to run away? Yeah. I get you. 😒 Anyways.

Liking the book? I'm making it as best as I can, but I feel it needs something more ... suggestions anyone? COMMENT AND VOTE PRETTY PLEASE. 😘😘😘😘😘

-Skyler_Dawn💌