10 ••• How Did You Change So Fast?

For half a month I waited for my love to come back to me ... yeah. I know that sounds cheesy, but when you fear for someone you love like I do with Dawn, 'cheesy's part of your relationship. I sat on my roof, looking at the only road that led to me.

A few days ago I had recieved a call from her, and she broke her promise: she got drunk. She was giggling nonstop and even though she was happy because her worries were numb because of th alcohol, I was relaxed a bit. She didn't at least break her promise of not being stupid.

It was the last two days of the month and I was wondering if she was coming today or tomorrow. But what if she didn't come back for a week? And another one? I shook my head.

"Lena!" I called for my sister, after I got down from the roof. "Come over here," after a few moments, she walked to my room, her headphones on. "Can you do me a—"

"WHAT?" She yelled, taking her headphone out. I narrowed my eyes.

"CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR?" I shouted back, she flinched back in sisterly annoyance.

"Why are you yelling?"

"WHAT'S UP WITH TWO KIDS YELLING UP THERE?" My mom called from down stairs. Ugh!

"Nothing, ma!" I looked at Lena. "Can you do me a favor, please."

"Sure, what's it?" She said, flopping diwn on my bed.

"I need you to go out and buy me flowers and the nicest bracelet you find." Lena slowly got back up to sit.

"Why would I do that, Tess?" She asked in a low voice. I didn't look at her, but said:

"For her," I looked out my window, someone was walking down the road and wished with everything that it would be Dawn. But it wasn't her. "I want to surprise her, but, I dot want to leave my window. I need to see when she comes back. I'll be here. For her." Lena nodded and got out of my bed to walk towards me.

She out her arms around me, comforting me, and kissed my cheek.

"I'll need money, though," she said, matter of factly, I nodded, giving her five twenties. She whistled under breath but got. And I was glad to be alone again.

For a few minutes, I stared at the people walking around: all the same, een when I spotted Lena wlaking away, she blended into the crowd. But ... somethung was missing. Some kind of different in it. And I knew what, ot maybe who: Dawn. La mia bella ragazza, that was Italian for: my beautiful girl.

(I read Sempre, guys, great book. Continue.)

I saw some women walk by my house, and wondered what they were doing with life. A dog barked by and I fekt like barking back. Ugh. Dawn's doing things to me without her being here and it drove me mad—some woman walked to my door.

Market customer? I thought vougly with a shrug. Mom would get it. A minute passed and mom knocked at my door.

"Honey, sorry to interrupt whatever you were doing, but there's someone asking about your fruit. They said, um, something about Peppers being pickles with, uh, hats?" I made a crazy look. Was one of my customers on crack or weed? I looked away.

"Tell 'em I'm not here—"

"Tess, come on, I'm burning up."

... Dawn ...

I literally jumped to the door and flipped down the stairs, I looked at the woman at my door an couldn't believe my eyes.

"You are wearing flannel and demin?" I grinned. "Suits you better than leather." She wore a black shirt under red and any blue flannel, a white scarf and black jeans. She also had a very beautiful demin jacket. "You must be boiling, beautiful, get inside." It was November, but it was still warm outiside.

She smiled and ran to me, throwing her arms aroun me like a child, she didn't cry, but the lain was clear in her shuddering breaths. "How are you?"

"Better. I'm okay." She said. "I was going to come yesterday, but I wanted to make sure I was completely fine before seeing you." She admitted. But I was nust happy I got her back. "Can we walk?"

For hours we talked and walked over to the Café she liked, she told me about here she stayed and how it litterally empty with merely a house every twenty minuted. I didn't much about that, but I absorbed every word she spoke.

"But, I'm glad I'm here now." She smiled, and I saw the old—my old—Dawn. She huffed and pocked at her brown leather backpack, pulling out a stack of papers. "You wanted to know about my plays, so I wrote you one over the month. It usually takes me a few, but I had a lot of time with me." I took it slowly and flipped over some papers.

"What is it about?"

"Erotic stuff." I chocked and put the papers down in a jiffy.

"You wrote me an erotica play? What's wrong with you?" She lauged at my out burst and shook her head.

"I'm kidding, silly!" She giggled a bit. "It's ... actually, um, its actually the story of a seventeen year old girl and her life. You can see the tittle ..." She glupped the stack of papers over. "A Dawn of Half my Life." I looked at her.

"A Dawn?" I echoed. "You wrote your life out for me, but, why not A Dawn of My Life, why half?" She smiled a little.

"I may have been through some shit that I shouldn't have. My life going longer and stretching by the hour, but I'm only seventeen, I haven't lived all my life."

Like? VOTE. COMMENT. I LOVE YOU ALL.

-Skyler_Dawn💌