The First Meeting

AN- This is my first story. So please bare with me. Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors. Leave a comment and I will fix them. The picture is Owen's house. Fancy, huh?!?

Owen POV

I look around at my team and sigh. Seven boys are sitting around Mr. Griffin's living room waiting for Sean to get here from the hospital to start the family meeting. Looking at the time, I wonder where Sean is. He should have been here alr-, I hear the door opening.

"I'm here. Sorry, Dr. Roberts wanted to talk to me before I left," called Sean as he walked into the living room.

"Is everything alright?" asks Kota

"Yes everything is fine. He just had a question about a patient," states Sean

"Well then if everything is fine then let's start the meeting. Mr. Taylor how is the diner coming along?" I say as I look at Luke.

"It's fine. Uncle bought the church down the street. We are going to start renovating it on Sunday and in about a week we will need Gabe to come over and decorate it. Uncle wants me and North to be working their whenever we are not on a job, at least until he has a lot more workers," Luke finishes as he looks at his brother to see if he missed anything.

"Uncle also wants anyone that can pick up a shift to come down and work," grunts North.

"Alright raise your hand if you are willing to work at the diner," I say as I look around. Kota, Nathan, Gabriel, and Silas raise their hands. Looking at Luke and North, I say,"Tell him that Mr. Lee, Mr. Coleman, Mr. Kobra, and Mr. Griffin will be taking some shifts. Mr. Lee anything you need to report?"

Kota looks around as he says,"The family that purchased the house across from me moved in today. Their are two girls around our age and their parents. Victor, did you find anything on them?"

"The mother has a a few health issues. She does not work. The father works very often and has an extensive bank account. One daughter is a year older then us. I couldn't find anything on a second daughter. But I'll keep digging. I saw no criminal records, just a few speeding tickets," states Victor.

"Anything else to report Mr. Morgan?" I inquire. He shakes his head.

"Mr. Coleman anything to report?" I ask

"Pam has a new fucking boyfriend," states Gabe," So far the fucking boy toy has helped. She is drinking less. Hopefully he decides to stick around."

"Let me know if he becomes a problem. Mr. Kobra anything?" I state

Silas looks over at me,"No. Everything is fine."

"Mr. Griffin?"

"No Mr. Blackbourne. Everything is good." replies Nathan.

"Dr. Green is there anything to add," I look over at Sean. He shakes his head." Alright gentleman, sign up for classes is Monday. Show up to get the layout as well as the best places to put up cameras. Myself and Dr. Green will be there and will sign you up for your classes. We will have another meeting on Sunday if nothing happens till then." I look around. Everyone is already breaking up into their little groups and deciding what to do for the rest of the night. Sean is walking towards me as I watch the rest of the group. "How was the shift?"

"Long and tiring as always. Would you like to eat dinner over at that little Japanese place that is on the way home?" asks Sean.

"Yes Sean. I will go to dinner with you. Then I have some paper work to do. Which speaking of...don't you have paper work to get done?" I state dryly as I look at him from the corner of my eye. I laugh internally as he grimaces at my reminder.

"Really Owen, you just had to remind me. And here I was dreaming of my comfy bed that I was going to curl up on as soon as I got back to the condo!" Sean sighs in exasperation.

I give him a small smile," Get half of it done now before bed and the other half after bed. No reason you can't get it all done today." Internally laughing, I turn away and walk out to my car. While we were in the meeting, it had started to rain. I am glad I raised the soft top before I went inside. As I turn my car on, I look through the front window and enjoy the site of my family enjoying the rest of their night together. As a family should.

I back out of the drive and turn to leave the neighborhood. As I start down the road, I see two girls standing on the sidewalk arguing. I don't pay them much mind as I glance in Kota's front window to check on his mother and sister. Seeing lights on in the house, but not seeing anyone in the front foyer I turn towards my head back towards the road. And immediately slam on my brakes. I stare in disbelief of what just happened. After a few seconds, I jump into action. Flinging my door open, I race to the front of my car to check on the young girl that was pushed in front of my car. Looking down I see a small girl of maybe 13 years of age with, by the looks of it blonde hair. She is curled up into a ball. I kneel down, ignoring that fact that this will ruin my suit, and lay my hand gently on the girls shoulder. She immediately lets out a whimper and curls up into a tighter ball. Looking around, I do not see the girl she was arguing with earlier. Leaning down I say,"Miss, I need you to tell me if you are hurt. I don't want to move you in case there is any major damage. I don't think I hit you, but I would like to call an ambulance to make sure. If you understand me please respond," I wait to see if she will say anything. After a minute, I start to get out my phone. just as I am about to dial a hand wraps around the screen. Looking up into the largest green eyes, I see that she is a little older then I originally thought.

"Please sir. Don't call the ambulance. I'll be fine," she states. Staring into her eyes, I see that this girl has gone through a lot of pain in her short life. I want to take away every shadow that shows through those amazingly expressive eyes. Looking down at her I spot a speck of blood. Jumping up I reach down and help her to stand. As I step back to give her space, my leg knocks into a bag. Leaning down I grab the bag to give it to her. As soon as I lift the bag, I jerk my head around and stare at the girl with a blank expression. This bag is too heavy for a simple purse. It has to weigh at least 25 lbs. She flinches at my sudden movement. She starts to blush as i just stare at her. She tries to grab her bag, but I simply put the strap over my shoulder.

Staring at her I say,"If you allow me to tend to your wounds and are willing to do a little exchange of information I won't call an ambulance."Raising my eyebrow at her, I wait for her response.

She glances at a house that is directly across from Kota's and pushes at her lip. Glancing up at me, she nods her head hesitantly. I nod and walk around to the passenger seat, opening the door I wave for her to climb in. Blushing slightly, she climbs in and buckles her seat belt. I feel her glance at me as I shut her door and walk around to the drivers side. Climbing in I hand her the bag. As I start the car, I glance at the girl. She is staring out the window. Just as I turn away, she asks me," What is your name?"

Staring at her intently," You may call me Mr. Blackbourne. What is your name?" I ask.

"My name is Sang Sorenson."