Broken Down Cars And Young Doctors

An-Here is the next chapter. Enjoy!!

Owen POV

Leading Sang into my living room, I think of how to go about this conversation. With the state of her back, I can only guess what she has been through. Glancing at Sang, I gesture for her to sit down. She takes one side of the couch, so I take the other. I am so flustered, I don't know what to do. Thinking back, based on how she was acting you would have never thought she was injured. Maybe that is the best place to start. I look over at her to catch her staring at me, again.

"Ms. Sorenson, why are you not screaming in pain right now? That...mark on your skin looks fresh and yet you are acting as if it is already healed over?"

She looks down and takes a deep breath." Mr. Blackbourne, when I am in a lot of pain I can distract myself from it. If I distance my mind away from the area that is in pain, I won't feel anything. The only time I will feel anything is if something brushes against the injury when I am not expecting it." I don't know what to say. That is an ability I have never heard of.  To have that unique ability is a blessing and a curse. "Do you also have a photographic memory?"

"Yes, Mr. Blackbourne. How did you figure that out?"

"Your face and reactions gave it away." As I get another question ready, my phone receives a text. I give Sang an apologetic look, then glance down. Where are you?  Why is Sean texting me? I am at my safe house. The one by your apartment. Why? After a few seconds, I get a reply. Can you pick me up? My car broke down. Perfect. I can get Sean to look over Sang.

Looking at Sang, I see an emotion flash across her face, to fast for me to read. "Ms. Sorenson, a friend of mine is broke down and needs a ride. He is also a doctor. Would you mind if we go pick him up and have take care of your back? He will be able to help you more than what I can do here." She takes a moment to think about it then nods her head. "Alright, I'll grab your bag from the kitchen." As I walk to the kitchen, I text Sean. I'm coming. Send me your coordinates. I am also bringing an injured bird. Don't say anything right away. However, be ready for some unusual injuries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean POV

I leave Nathan's house. I wonder what Owen is up to. He has never canceled on plans unless it was a family emergence. It can't be a job. He never would have agreed to have dinner with me if he was going on a job tonight. Before I can think about it to hard, my car starts to make a grinding sound. Looking around I see an empty parking lot. Pulling into a parking spot my car cuts itself off before I can turn the key. North is going to kill me.

Now, how am I going to get home? I can text one of the boys, but I just left and they were going to have a sleepover. Maybe Owen? But he canceled. Well if he can help and is closer I'll ask him and if not I'll bother the boys. Decision made, I pull out my phone and send Owen a text. Where are you? A few seconds later I get a response. I am at my safe house. The one by your apartment. Why?  Oh good, he is only a few blocks away. And whatever he is doing isn't super urgent if he is texting me. Can you pick me up? My car broke down. He takes a bit longer to respond to this. I'm coming. Send me your coordinates. I am also bringing an injured bird. Don't say anything right away. However, be ready for some unusual injuries.

A BIRD? Why on earth is Owen with a bird and an injured one at that? As I recover from my shock I go over the message again. Seeing he wants my location, I red line him. Unusual injuries is another thing that stands out. I hope Owen knows what he is doing. A few moments later, Owen pulls up. Seeing someone already in the passenger seat, I lock up my car and climb into the back of Owen's BMW. Looking at the bird, I see the most beautiful girl sitting in front. God Owen, did you forget to mention how beautiful she is? As I simply sit and stare at her, Owen tries to get my attention, unsuccessfully.

"Ms. Sorenson, this is my friend Dr. Green," I hear Owen say.

Then the most angelic voice says, "Hello, Dr. Green.  It is nice to meet you."

This knocks me out of my stupor. I flash my pantie dropping smile and say, " Well, hello beautiful. Call me Sean. What's your name?" She blushes and replies, "My name is Sang." I hold out my hand for her, and when she places her hand in mine I raise it up to place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. She blushes even harder. I look over at Owen to see him giving me a look of disapproval. I mentally stick my tongue out at him. *He gives me look saying to behave. I roll my eyes at him and look at the beauty sitting next to him. I flash her another smile, and see a slightly dazed look come into her eyes. It almost erases all the pain that is showing through. Looking back at Owen, I ask what is wrong with her. He tells me that he will explain later.

"Dr. Green, if you would be so kind as to put your seatbelt on, we will be on our way," Owen states dryly. I look over at Sang and make a face. She giggles. Oh, that was so cute. I put my seatbelt on and say, "Alright, Owen lets go." He gives me another look of disapproval, but starts driving to my apartment. Looking at Sang I ask her a question, "So, Sang are you the reason Owen canceled our dinner plans tonight?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Sang POV

A friend. That's who he was texting earlier. He was going to have dinner with Sean. I feel relief course through my entire body. He doesn't have a girlfriend. I look at Sean and simply nod, blushing slightly. I can't help it. The young doctor is hot. Not perfect like Owen, now that I know his first name (and I was right, it is as perfect as the rest of him) I won't be able to call him by his last name (at least not in my head), but still really hot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In case it was a little confusing. The conversation Sean and Owen were having is a silent conversation through their eyes.

AN- Alright Birdies, here is the chapter. I hope you liked it. I will be doing another chapter next week. I know I put it out a little late but it is still Sunday. So I held to my promise. Anyway, PLEASE vote and comment. Let me know how you liked the chapter. Until next week......