Ch. 9 - Fall (Into My Arms)

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Well-" Michael bites his lip, hesitating, "you're drunk."

"I- yeah, kind of" I admit.

"Why?" he looks disappointed in me. I'm so stupid.

"Because there was alcohol in the house, and I felt like it" I admit. Or lie. Or both?

"Why did you want to?" Michael questions me. "I didn't think you were one to drink."

"Hey, you're speaking!" I point out, changing the subject.

"You worried me" he says simply, "answer my question."

"I'm not, you're right" I reply. I'm starting to feel a little dizzy. I sit down awkwardly on the edge of my bed. Michael sits down beside me.

"Then why do it?" he asks.

"Because-" I pause, "why are you here again?"

"You called me?" Michael looks at me in confusion.

"Why would I can you?" I frown at him. I may have still been drinking when Michael arrived. I think it's starting to take affect.

"You tell me" now Michael's the one frowning.

"I was thinking about you" I admit, "but that's all I remember."

"Me?" Michael looks surprised.

"Apparently" I mumble. "I don't even remember what I was worried about. What did I tell you?"

"You were talking about being forever alone or something," Michael flushes, "I realised you were drunk and worked up and told you I'd come over."

"You're such a good friend." I feel like I'm in a daze. I dizzy, confusing daze.

"You don't look too good," Michael says in concern, "You should get some rest."

I consider protesting, then realise he's right. I give in and before I know it, I'm snuggled up in Michael's arms. Instead of going straight to sleep, I keep a half-hearted, drunk conversation going with Michael for as long as possible.

I eventually must have fallen asleep, because when I finally woke up the next morning with a splitting headache, Michael was nowhere to be seen.

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Me & you living under a paper moon, 'cause real life just isn't right, let's fabricate-" I sing one of my favourite All Time Low songs quietly to myself as I walk myself to school. I'm already late so I may as well not rush.

I'm only late because I was up half the night with a drunk Luke. When he finally fell asleep and I got home, it was almost sunrise. As I was climbing into bed, I told myself I was only having a nap. And now I'm late for school. So much for just a nap.

The only thing making me want to hurry is the fact that I have English with Luke next period. I may or may not have missed form class and a whole 70 minute class.

I have about five minutes to get to school and get a late pass before English starts, but have a ten minute walk left till I reach the school. Lovely.