Ch. 4 - Breathe.

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Earth to Michael?" Calum says, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I blink a few times before glancing over at him, raising an eyebrow as if to say 'What?!'.

"So you're not talking to me now?" Calum asks with a sigh.

I say nothing, just continue to stare at him for a few seconds before looking down at my lap.

With a sigh, Calum reaches over to my bedside table and grabs my notebook & pen. "What's wrong?" He asks, handing me the two items.

I silently flip to a new page, click the pen, and write, 'Who said anything was wrong? Maybe I'm just tired'.

"You aren't tired, something's, bothering you" he tells me.

I sigh in defeat, 'Luke doesn't like me the way I like him'.

"I think he does, he just doesn't realise it yet" Calum says seriously.

'But he might never realise it'.

"You don't know that" Calum sighs, and takes the notebook & pen from me before I can argue with him, "Just don't think about it for now".

I pout for a moment before raising an eyebrow at Calum. "Ashton" I choke out quietly, and a small smile appears of his face.

"Ashton & I are friends" he says simply, "Just for now anyway".

I half smirk at him, soul mates.

"I don't know what you're trying to say, but no" Calum laughs.

I roll my eyes jokingly, and almost jump six feet high as my phone receives a text message.

I pick my phone up and read the text- which happened to be from Luke- that said: "Hey Michael, I was wondering if you want to come to dinner at Ash's with me tomorrow? Our families always have dinner together and his parents always say I can bring a friend! I'm pretty sure Calum will be there because Ash mentioned something about inviting him! What do you say? :)".

"You're going?" I ask Calum in confusion, showing him the text.

"Uh?" He says as he scans the text, "Oh, yeah! Ashton asked me earlier and I said I would ask my mum tonight when I got home".

"But she will say yes, right?!" I ask eagerly.

"Most likely" Calum laughs.

"Okay, good!" I smile as I type Luke a reply.

Me: Sure, I'll go with you (:

Luke: Awesome! :) I wasn't sure if you would reply tonight, it's a bit late... I didn't wake you did I?!

Me: Haha no, I was awake, it's only 8:46pm! Calum is here.. But my mum is going to take him home soon.

Luke: Oh okay :)

"Michael" Calum says, snapping my attention back to him, "I said I have to go home".

"Okay, bye" I say, glancing up from my phone.

"You're not coming for a drive?" Calum asks, pretending to be hurt.

"I'm texting Luke" I tell him.

"If you two don't end up dating, I'll stab you both" Calum jokes before climbing out of bed and grabbing his bag from on the floor.

"Tell him that, not me" I say, turning a crimson colour as I start to blush.

"I might mention it to him tomorrow night" Calum says, winking at me as he walks towards the door, "Cya, Mikey!".