Chapter.25 The Night of Day

Jurri woke up feeling the night slowly cast itself on the mansion, she heard the crickets from outside starting to sing. "Jurri" she heard Zeros voice softly call her name, she looked over and saw Zero sitting on the bed next her, "goodnight" he said placing a soft hand on Jurri.

"Good night" jurri replied back placing her hand on his, "how was your day my dear hunter?" she asked giggling slightly. though she was greeted with a look on Zero's face that confused her. "Whats wrong? did something happen?" she asked sitting up sitting closer to Zero.

He sighed and started to speak "recently there have been a lot of attacks, more and more humans have gone missing only a week later to find them as level E's. It went from just 5 to 10 then all of a sudden 20 every day in the last two weeks. We think someone is creating an army." he said his voice growing serious.

"You should let Kaname know, he might know..."

"I already told him, we know for sure it has to be a pureblood that wants Kaname off the throne, ever since Kaname killed the original vampire senate it has become unsafe for humans and vampires. A lot of Purebloods don't follow Kaname in his path with co-existing with humans." Zero said sitting up letting his feet touch the carpet floor, he stood up and walked over to the window staring at the moon light.

"What are we going to do?" Jurri asked following Zero.

"Whoever is creating the army will be looking for you and Yuki, you two are the youngest of purebloods so they will want to kill you both because you two have not reached your full power. You two won't be able to go outside, not even in the gardens. With all of the people living here, and two purebloods whose powers are trained, the mansion and you two will be safe."

"What will the hunters do?"

"The hunters, Kaname and whoever is loyal to him, are trying to come up with new weapons, it has even become dangerous for a hunter to hunt alone." Zero said looking over at Jurri.

"I could be of help with that" Jurri said looking up at Zero with determination in her eyes.

"Jurri you have never used your pow-"

"Around you guys, I have been alone for a whole year, what on earth did you think I was doing on spare time?" Jurri asked almost laughing at how Zero thinks she is fraile.

"Well... what can you do?" He asked looking at Jurri curious to see what gifts of a pureblood she is able to do.

"Senri is able to use his blood as a weapon, well so can I..." Jurri walked over to her desk opening a drawer taking out a letter opener and sliced her palm leaving a trail of her blood.

"Jurri!" Zero shouted walking over to her then seeing her blood move and shift before him. Her Kuran blood moved like water forming into a shape of a dagger.

Zero looked at the dagger in her hands in amazement then looking up at her with a grin on his face. "so what else can you do?"

Rido in amazement looking at his young daughter the age of 6 with a pair of black wings on her back. "P-papa, i-it hurts!" the little Jurri said crying her little eyes out.

Rido walked over to his child picked her up in his arms and held her close, "Oh my little bird, it will hurt, but after a while you will grow to get used to the pain. See Papa has one too" he said letting his bat like wings form from his back. A pureblood can grow wings, some like dragons, bats, a devil almost, and some like Jurri can grow a rare pair of wings. Like Ridos mother whose wings were white but shaped like a bat's, he looked down at Jurris wings feeling the feathers noticing that they were like his father's. Black raven wings that were huge in length and would drag on the floor when he walked. He remembered loving his father's wings, loving how strong they were when he flew, how they never faltered never loses its strength. Thats right, a raven's wings... Jurri will be like her grandfather, being able to control Ravens like how Rido is able to control bats.