part 3

“I don’t want a daddy. Mommy is enough for me,” Gabriel said breaking the silence and making me smile.

                “Thanks sweetheart that makes me feel better,” I laughed and took him from my father and held him in my arms. He planted a kiss on my cheek making me smile more.

                “Well time for breakfast. Well come on all of you into the dining room. Honey help me take this stuff into there,” mom said and shoved a plate of muffins into my free hand. I followed the others into the dining room and set the plate in front of Carlos and took my seat across from Asher.

                “Now before we eat I would like to thank you for allowing us into your home. Our packs have always been at each other’s necks but that was when my father was leading. My pack is now changing for the better with my new leader ship. Alpha I came here to ask you to join the packs together,” Asher said and everyone froze except Diego and Carlos who seemed to be relaxed.

                “Asher I never expected this. This is incredible,” my father said and got to his feet. “I would love to join the packs and I am more than happy to let you be alpha.” My father extended his hand and shook Asher’s making my heart stop in its track and plummet into my stomach. I stared at their two hands in complete shock. I would now be forced to tell Asher he was Gabriel’s father and he was my true mate.

                “So what do you think about the merge?” mom asked as wiped down the counter while I leaned against the fridge with Gabriel sitting at my feet playing with one of his toys.

                “I really don’t know. Is it really the best thing for the pack?” I asked as I watched Gabriel play.

                “Guess we will find out when the pack comes over tonight. Just keep an open mind please?” my mom asked as she looked at me.

                “I will,” I sighed and picked Gabriel up and put him on my shoulder where he slumped and fell asleep instantly. “I’m taking him up for a nap then I’m going to go for a run call me when the pack starts arriving,” I said and headed upstairs.

                “So you ready to come to the terms that he’s your kid?” Carlos asked me as he walked into my bedroom with Diego behind him. I was standing in front of the wall of mirrors that was in the guest room I was staying in.

                “He can’t be,” I said as I finished tying my tie.

                “Dude you said you recognized her the moment you saw her,” Diego said.

                “He’s not my son!” I growled and turned to my best friends. “It’s not possible. The girl I met that night had also been my mate and symphony isn’t my mate.” I watched as Carlos and Diego looked at each other of a moment before Carlos flung himself at me and tackled me to the floor. “What the hell are you doing? Let me up!”

                “Not until you see the facts. We all saw the look in your eyes when you saw her and Gabriel. I was also there that night remember? I saw you leave with her. I remember her face perfectly. I also see the way you shift every time she enters a room,” Carlos growled in my face.

                “It’s been three years,” I said as I looked back at him. Carlos and I had grown up together. In fact we shared the same room. He came into our family when his parents were killed by a pack of rogues. My parents took him in instantly.

                “She’s down stairs right now wondering why you’re not having the same feelings as her. Diego and I saw the realization in her eyes when she saw you. We could tell that she just wanted to blurt it out but she didn’t because she wanted to protect you. That’s what a true mate does,” Carlos said as he moved off of me and sat beside me. I slowly sat up and let out a breath.

                “Thanks Carlos, Diego your both great friends,” I sighed and got to my feet. I held my hand out to Carlos which he took and gave me a small smile.

hey guys sorry I haven't posted in awhile but things have been getting pretty crazy! my boyfriend graduated and I'm graduating in a month and let me tell you I'm freaking out!!! I have to say good bye to so many of my friends so I'm having a very hard time so please be patient with me with uploads because I'm trying to spend us much time as possible with my friends before we all split up. anyways remember to comment and vote!!