part 6

I pulled my tank top over my stomach and pulled my hair away from my face into a high pony tail. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Today was the day that my pack was preparing to meet Asher’s pack. Mostly everyone was excited and nervous while others were not too happy about the whole thing.

                “Mommy would you hurry up!” Gabriel said as he bounced on my bed.

                “Give me five more minutes and stop bouncing on there,” I said as I put on a light layer of makeup on and slipped into my shoes. I turned to face Gabriel and let out a breath. He was already starting to get closer to Asher and it scared me that I was going to lose him.

                “Symph everyone is waiting for you,” my mom said as she peeked her head into the door. Tonight was also the night that Asher and I would announce we were mates to everyone and hope for their approval. Since our fathers were always at each other’s throats we would be the two to bring the packs officially together forever.           

                “Im coming,” I whispered.

                “It’s okay to be nervous honey. This will be the start of the rest of your life,” she said as she stepped into the room.

                “I know. I just never expected this so soon,” I sighed.

                “I know honey. Now we better get downstairs,” she said and kissed my cheek softly. I gave her a small smile before I grabbed Gabriel and set him on my hip and followed my mom out of the room. We headed downstairs and into the back yard where everyone was meeting. The two packs seemed to be separated from each other which made me more nervous. I followed my mom up to the front of the crowd where my dad and Asher stood quietly.

                “There are my girls. I think we’re ready to start,” my dad said as he pulled my mom into his arms. I stood quietly beside Asher as I stared at the ground. “Packs listen up. Tonight is a big night for us. We will join to packs that have been forever enemies. Well that ends tonight. We will become one and will be the most powerful pack known to the wolf kind.”

                I snuck a glance at Asher but he was staring off into the crowd. I let out a breath and looked at the staring eyes.

                “I have decided to step down and let Asher be the alpha. I am not as young as I used to be and Asher is a very good and kind man. But that isn’t the only reason we gathered tonight. Asher and my daughter have found out their mates. Let tonight not be a night of war and anger but a night of happiness and forgiveness,” my father continued and the crowd broke out into a round of loud claps as the beamed up at us.

                “So is Asher the father of your little boy?” a woman asked from the other pack.

                “Yes he is,” I said slowly as I watched Asher pack Gabriel around. Gabriel had already seemed to bond to him.

                “Well isn’t that cute. After all these years you two find each other again. What a small world,” the woman laughed and I gave her a soft smile. She turned and walked towards Kara and Carlos who seemed to be stuck to each other.

                “They look really happy together,” Asher said from behind me making me jump.

                “What is with you and doing that?” I growled playfully as I turned to look at him.

                He gave me a smile that was filled with love and pride. “It’s getting pretty late so I was going to take Gabriel up to bed if you don’t mind.” My heart swelled at the comment and all I could do was smile.

                “I will come with you,” I said and linked my fingers through his. He smiled down at me and led me towards the house. Gabriel was curled up on his shoulder with his eye lids dropping. We headed upstairs and Asher set Gabriel gently into his bed and tucked him in.

                “It’s hard to believe he’s mine,” Asher whispered as he stared down at Gabriel.

                “He’s ours,” I said as I looked at Asher and smiled. He smiled back at me and pulled me into his arms.