part 7

“I am so glad I decided to ask your father to join the packs,” he whispered before he brushed his lips against mine and sending butterflies into my stomach. I kissed him back before all hell broke loose.

                Screams erupted from outside making me jump and race down stairs with Asher right behind me. When we got outside we both stopped in our tracks at the horror that was before us. Dark red flames exploded over the lawn while the packs ran for their lives. Shape shifter hunters were on horses racing after people killing them with just a swift flick of their sword. They all had sadistic smiles on which made my heart drop. For years we had lived at peace without the hunters coming after and now suddenly they had found us.

                “This is your fault!” I shouted at Asher as I turned to glare at him.

                “How?” he spat back.

                “We were fine before you came along. You probably led them here,” I spat before I jumped into the air and changed into my wolf in mid air and landing roughly on four paws. I shot towards the heat of the battle and flew myself at a hunter who had a sword pointed at Kara.

                ‘Grab Gabriel and get out of here now!!’ I shouted through the link and she didn’t take a second to hesitate when she ran towards the house at full speed. I turned away from my fleeing best friend and back to the hunter. I snapped my teeth at his ankles making him skid backwards. His horse reared up and tried to kick me but I delivered a swift bite to its ankle and sent it running into the bushes. I turned back to the hunter but he was already running after his horse.

                “Symphony look out!” my mom shouted and I whipped around just in time to see a hunter running straight at me with his sword pointed at me. My breath caught in my throat and my paws froze to the ground as I stared at the shimmering sword. I felt a weight slam into me sending me flying. I looked up to see Asher growling at the hunter with his hackles rose. I whipped around to my mom who stood staring terrified at the mess.

                ‘Get the packs and get out of here. Asher and I will hold them off long enough for you to get out,’ I said through the link.

                “Im not leaving my child here to fight on her own,” mom snapped at me but I just shook my head.

                ‘We will be fine. It’s safer if you just go now!’ I shouted and she quickly took off to gather the wolves that were still alive.

                “We will have to lead them towards the river,” Asher said through the link as he turned to look at me.

                ‘I will lead them you follow behind to make sure they’re all after me,” I told him and didn’t wait for an answer as I raced off towards the bushes, letting out a loud howl. I heard the pound of hooves right on my heels as I picked up my pace and burst into the bushes. I weaved between trees with the echo of shouts all around me. I spotted the river right ahead of me just before I was sent flying into a nearby tree. I let out a loud yelp as the breath left my lungs and my paws left the ground. I landed beside the tree roughly and I looked up the see the hunters surrounding me and Asher nowhere in sight.

                “It’s about time we kill you,” the leader snarled as he jumped off his horse. His straight black hair fell around his broad shoulders and his black coat almost touched the ground. His black eyes were spiked with anger as he glared down at me. “Once we kill your whole pack then we won’t have to worry about another wolf. They will all be a breeze to kill.”

                I glared back at him with everything I had in me. I refused to show him the pain that shot through my body but mostly my heart at the fact that Asher had left me for dead. I felt my body begin to shift back and left me lying in front of the hunters naked.

                “You won’t get away with it,” I growled as I sat up and felt searing pain shoot through my arm and I quickly held it to my chest.

                “Oh wont we? We will find your pack one way or another. You’re the only tie left to the alpha considering him and his mate are dead,” the hunter sneered and it took a minute for it to sink in. my breath caught in my throat and my blood went cold as I realized my parents had been murdered.

                “You will pay for this,” I spat at him and he reached out and slapped my cheek hard.

                “shut up you little brat,’ he snarled. “Now I shall kill you then move onto your little mate.”

                “Don’t touch her,” Asher’s voice snapped from behind me. I slowly turned to see him towering over me.

                “Or what?” the hunter sneered.

                Asher looked at him for a moment before he shot forward and sliced the hunter’s throat. “I told you not to touch her,” Asher snarled as he watched the hunter fall to his knees and stare at Asher in shock. Asher turned on his heels and stripped his shirt off and slung it over my bare shoulders before he gently helped me to my feet and walked me back to the abandoned house.

                “I need to see Gabriel,” I whispered.

                “First we need to get a cast on that arm,” he said gently as he helped me into the only car remaining in the drive way. I watched out my window as my destroyed home disappeared into a cloud of dust and smoke as the house went up in flames. Asher drove to the hospital in silence and waited in the waiting room as the put a large brace on it and gave me some pain meds.

                I sat on a large bed in a small hotel room with Asher’s phone pressed to my ear. “No we’re okay Kara,” I whispered as the weight of the day pressed down onto my shoulders. “I just want to see my son again.” I waited for her response and let out a sigh. “Okay Kara I’ll see you tomorrow.” I hung up the phone and set it on the bed beside me. I heard the shower turn off as Asher got out of it. He stepped out of the bathroom only in his jeans and his dark wet hair hanging in his eyes.

                “So he’s okay?” Asher asked as he sat down beside me.              

                “Yeah Kara says he didn’t want to go to sleep until he saw you and me,” I sighed as I leaned my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me tight. “I’m sorry I blamed you for this.”

                “I understand symphony. You were under a lot of stress,” he said as he kissed the top of my head. I looked up at him and offered him a small smile.

                “Im really glad you came into my life Asher,” I whispered and brought my lips to his. Our lips moved perfectly together and I was really getting into it when suddenly Asher was gone. I snapped open to look at Asher.

                “I can’t lie to you anymore symphony,” he said and I just continued to stare at him. “My father isn’t dead. He sent me to your pack so I could find out all your secrets. He wanted to destroy your pack once and for all and I was all for it but once I saw you I knew I couldn’t go through with it.” I felt the breath leave my lungs and my heart plummet.

ooooo things are starting to heat up. what will symphony do? is asher telling the truth about not wanting to kill her? what other secrets is he keeping? keep reading to find out. comment and vote :)