Chapter 11: Bullseye

Sky's Point of View

I decided to get an early start on the day. I got changed into my now permeant clothes and pulled my hair up. I grabbed my army knife and headed out the door. The morning was brisk and cool, the dim light of early sunrise started to light up the sky. I walked down the main path to a house that said supplies, taking a guess that the food runs would be in here. I quietly opened the door and walked inside.

"Hello there." A female voice said startling me. I jumped and took a deep breath as I calmed my now racing heart. "Sorry sweetie I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Arden." The women spoke extending her hand towards me. The women stood about 5'6 with strawberry blonde hair that was cut short around her head, the hair around her face was longer while it was spiked in the back. She was about average weight and build for a women and she seemed super sweet.

"Hi I'm Skylar or Sky for short. I was just looking for the weekly food supplies and the head count list." I said still a little frightened by Arden's little scare trick.

"They're always over here." She said sweetly turning around and leading me into the house. She opened a door and inside sat a cart full of non-perishable items and supplies. "Oh and here's the head count list." She reached up and got the clip board off of its nail and handed it to me.

I looked over the forms before laying it on top of the cart. "Thank you so much." I smiled.

"No problem so how long have you been here?" She asked.

"Few days, just ready to start right into things." I said and she nodded her head. "Well it was nice meeting thanks for helping me. See ya around." I said waving to her as I grabbed the cart and clip board and wheeled it out of the building.

First stop A1 I walked over front door with four cans of unmarked canned food and a few batteries. Thankfully each person name had what they needed beside their name. I knocked on the door and an elderly man answered. His snow white hair was in need of a trimming and his glasses sat on the bridge of his noise. He looked me up and down and smiled.

"Hey there I'm Sky and I have brought you your supplies." I said smiling back at him.

"Oh thank you deary I am Mr. John Jenkins my wife Hilary. So nice to meet you." He smiled and his wife was waving from the couch in their living room.

"Nice meeting you too. Well I better get going I have a bunch of more houses to visit." I smiled and waved to them.

"See ya dear." He smiled and waved as I returned to my cart and began walking to each house. Dropping off food and supplies while also taking a head count.

~

I flopped down on my couch;after returning the cart and clip board; and left out a deep sigh. I was exhausted, a nap sounds amazing right now. I thought and as I laid down and closed my eyes there was a loud thud at the door. I opened my eyes and groaned before hollering. "Come in!"

"Get up lets go time for our lesson." Jason said standing by the couch looking down at me.

"Ugh I don't wanna move." I groaned closing my eyes and before I knew it. I was lifted into the air and thrown over a shoulder. I started laughing before saying. "Well I guess this works."

Jason just chuckled and carried me all the way to the fence. Before setting me back down so we could climb over. Once back on the ground I stayed on my own two feet. As we walked through woods. Luckily not seeing any creepers. We had reached our shooting area when Jason finally turned and looked at me. Pulling something out of the brim of his pants.

"Today we are gonna shoot this." He said handing me the piece of weaponry. "This is a Beretta M9 semi-automatic pistol. You're gonna shoot it today get a feel for it and see if you want something different or one like this. And once you get your own gun you will learn it front to back. So here ya go take it and shoot that target." He said and I took the pistol and raised it up. Getting into my stance and looking down the front sight. Once lined up with the bullseye I held my breath and took the shot. It echoed through the trees. Jason got out his binoculars and smiled.

"Bullseye. We might make a shooter out of you anyway." He smiled and I punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Tomorrow we'll do some hand to hand combat so save your energy." I looked at him like he was crazy. Really hand to hand? Well this ought to be interesting.