Chapter 6

<Sue's POV>

After that memorable moment last night, we woke up at dawn to get ourselves dressed. My parents, the doctor and the nurses who enters my room can't see us both naked. After that we talked for a little while, and Jungkook went out of the room to get himself some coffee at the hospital's cafeteria.

I had no idea what kind of bad luck just happened because all of a sudden I couldn't breathe. I was struggling. I gasped for air. I felt real pain on my chest. It was a coincidence that a nurse entered my room to check on me and she found me suffering. Thank God.

If I hadn't met Jungkook, death was going to be acceptable, but right now, I wanted to live longer. I am fighting for my life now.

My sight were all blurry, I can only see shadows of many people, I guess they were the nurses, the doctor, and a woman crying with a man. I also saw a shadow of a man who was punching the wall. At that moment I had no idea who were they. I don't know. Losing memory isn't a part of having cancer right?

After that I found myself in a very dark place. I was all alone. I felt really sad. Then I remembered my family, and Jungkook. I can't leave them. Then I found myself running in an endless road until I saw a light from afar. I ran even faster to get to that light. I was so scared with the darkness that surrounded me.

I ran faster

And faster

*tooooot toot toooooot*

"Thank God she made it"

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Mr. Jeon, She made it"

I was starting to hear voices, I heard my mom crying thanking God that I was alive. I heard my dad's voice talking to the doctor. And I felt someone holding my hand. I don't know who it was, but I think it was Jungkook, I can feel it. I know how it feels like holding Jungkook's hands, it's totally different. There's spark, there's magic. If I am really destined to die, I won't be able to feel the touch of his hands anymore, the warmth in his embraces, and the love when he looks at me through my eyes. Thank God for giving me another chance.

<Jungkook's POV>

I went out of her room to get some coffee. I sat alone at the table while having my coffee. I was all alone in the cafeteria. I was thinking a lot about things, a lot about Sue.

We made love, and because of that I am hurting even more because I don't want to lose her. I love Sue, if only I could give the half of my life span to her I would, atleast when she dies, I die too. We die together.

All of a sudden my phone rang. It was a call from Namjoon hyung. I answered his call. I thought it was about the rehearsals that I have missed but instead he was asking how I was.

When I stood up to go back to Sue's room, the empty cup of my coffee fell on the floor and it broke into pieces. The old lady in the cafeteria quickly cleared the mess. Good thing she doesn't recognize me. Maybe because BTS' music is for the younger generation.

Suddenly I felt nervous, then I remembered Sue, so I ran back as fast as I could on the way to her room. When I got there, the nurses and the doctor where doing everything for her to survive. I saw her parents crying especially her mom who was crying hysterically. When I found her suffering, I felt pain too. Then I cried, and I felt anger. Seeing the one I love suffering like that. Why not let me suffer instead?

I punched the wall in front of me. I couldn't help it. I just cried and cried.

After a few minutes I heard the doctor saying that Sue was still alive, and what's even worse? Is that what happened to her just now is a symptom of her near death.

The doctor came closer to me.

"Mr. Jeon can we talk?" I just nodded

"What happened to her just now was a .."

"I know" I didn't let him finish his sentence. I don't wanna hear those three words "Her near death", it kills me.

"Well at least I can let you know what you can do for her. You'll stay with her right?"

"Yes"

"How about your schedule Mr. Jeon?"

"I'll stay with her no matter what"

And the doctor gave me details about patients on their near death, about the things that I would have to do. Thinking about this saddens me but I have no choice.

After the conversation, I came closer to Sue and held her hand. I silently cried. I don't want her to hear me crying. Thinking about her confusing about time, place, and people, more sleep in the morning than at night, weakness, loss of appetite, excessive fatigue and sleep, as a part of her near death, which is actually starting now, is really painful.