Chapter 1

He was the Champion of Hoenn and she was the daughter of Lysandre, famous scientist, now criminal, of Kalos. Funny how they met...

It was an chilly day in the north of Kalos, the small rustic town where Monique (who went by Helena to avoid confusion with her mother) lived with her small team of Pokémon. Laverre City was home to the fairy type gym and the pokeball factory (something Helena liked to research), however she didn't like the fairy type one bit. In her eyes, they were too fragile and sweet for keeping her safe from anti-Flare civilians - not that she was, or had ever been a member of Team Flare.

The rain falling on her windows awoke her far to early to be normal; even her small group of three Pokémon were still sleeping, all snuggled up together in their corner of her bedroom. Knowing once awake she wouldn't drift back into dream land, she opened her curtains to see the dark, stormy morning, gazing out of the window she saw a few bird type Pokémon fly past. It was boring, she must admit but she loved her small home away from the hustle and bustle of her home city - Lumiose. Talking of Lumiose, she knew her pseudo uncle, Augustine Sycamore would be awake and therefore decided to call him on her state of the art Holo-caster.

"Hello uncle" she said, waving to the holographic image of the professor.
"Bonjour my darling! You're up early!"
"You're up late, its four in the morning and I know you haven't slept yet"
"I'm too busy my dear, this is what coffee is for, non? Anyway, how are your Pokémon? My baby is fine?"
"Yes, Squirtle is fine, so are Phantump and Goomy..."
"I knew my little Squirtle would blossom under your care, I still don't know why he won't evolve at all"
"Thanks but I'm sure he's just a little special, now get some sleep, I'm going to continue with my design work"
"For the new pokeballs? Good luck darling, you'll need it"
"Say hello to my papa for me"
"I will mon ange, I will"
And then the feed shut off and all was silent, she picked up her art supplies and sketch book and started to draw her ideas down, annotating them occasionally. Helena lost track of what she was drawing, and in the midst of her pokéball doodles, she realised that she had started drawing the design for a new type of evolution stone she wanted to create (only she knew about it at the moment, the press, and her uncle, was still focussed on the pokéballs). Sighing she grabbed the paper and tacked it to her 'ideas' wall and went to check if her pokémon were awake yet.

She found that they were and she hurried to get them some food, only to find all of the poképuffs were gone. She internally groaned and called for her pokémon, put them inside their specific pokéballs and grabbed her bag, coat and umbrella before slipping on some shoes and heading outside whilst putting the balls inside her bag and rushing over the road into the bakery.

"Bonjour madame. How can I help you today?" The young clerk at the counter asked.

"50 package box of mixed poképuffs , merci" she told him before handing over the money and grabbing the box, nodding in thanks to the old man holding the door for her as she ran back to her cottage near the edge of the village.

She let herself into her home and shrugged off her crimson coat she had donned, kicked off her shoes and let her pokémon out their balls, letting them eat their fill of food. They babbled happily when they were finished and raced upstairs to her room to play whislt Helena grabbed a fantasy-romance book and indulged herself into the make believe world she was reading about.

He danced with her in sparkling moonlight, his blonde hair glinting as they twirled. She was mesmerised by the cocky grin on his face as he leaned towards her, lips capturing her own-

You have a call

Helena groaned, placing the bookmark into the book and accepted the call on her holocaster to see her best friend Malva, an ex member of Team Flare, Elite Four member and news woman.

"Hello Malva, you just had to call when I was enjoying a book didn't you?" Helena asked, glaring at her friend.

"Helena, chere, don't be too upset. I called to ask if you were willing to come to Steven Stone's birthday party with me, I need a plus one" Malva smirked reclining in the chair she was seated at.

"Steven Stone? The Hoenn region champion?" Helena knew the man because her father had worked with him in the past.

"His friend Wallace invited Siebold and therefore all of the Kalos Elite Four. Diantha will be there too" Malva informed her red haired friend.

"So I suppose I need a dress? I haven't been shopping a while... I'll meet you in my papa's cafe" Helena said, standing up as the feed shut off, calling for her Phantump she returned the small tree creature into his pokeball and whistled for her father's Tailow who came flying down from his perch on the roof.

Climbing on to the back of the bird, she noticed that the rain was easing off. She told the Pokemon to fly to Lumiose who chirped happily and flew there. It didn't take long as she didn't live too far away and she climbed off the bird which had flew to Lysandre cafe and thanked it as she went inside, mentally preparing herself to be called her birth name and the name of her mother, Monique, a woman who her father was undoubtedly in love with until the day she left both her young daughter and husband behind, never to be heard from again. A waitress walked over and sneered at her, obviously wanting her to leave.

"We're shut to you kid, scram!" The woman hissed.

"I'm here to see my father, I suppose you're new though aren't you? Go and serve somebody else, the cafe is still popular despite my father's whole incident" Helena replied, voice cold and clipped portraying her as the snobby rich girl her father had trained her to be.

"M-Mistress Monique, I'm sorry I didn't know it was you. Please, I apologise" The waitress had finally realised who she was and bowed respectfully.

"As I said, go and serve someone else. I have business I need to attend to" Helena ordered the woman who nodded and scurried away.

Helena nodded to the bartender who sent her a respectful salute and placed down a cup of tea down on the counter.

"Madame, Monsieur Lysandre will be over soon, he is in a meeting with the Champion and Elite Four" The man told her and Helena nodded.

"Merci beaucoup Sir, take this please" Helena took the tea and placed a few poke dollars on the counter.

Helena sat in silence as she drank her tea, releasing her Phantump from its pokeball so it could sit on her shoulder. The chat in the cafe turned bar, her father had found that it brought in more money that way, suddenly silenced and Helena smirked, knowing her father had just entered by the whispered words of respect and spun on the stool to see the tall frame of her father with Malva at his side.

"Good afternoon father, lovely to see you" She smiled at her father who placed a kiss to her forehead.

"The same to you, ma belle fille. How is your research going?" Lysandre asked, taking a seat with Malva.

"Good father, thank you" The crimson haired woman replied.

"Bien sur Monique, I expect nothing less from you. Now, Malva here informs me you are attending Steven Stone's party?" Lysandre said.

"Oui, that is correct. In fact we were going to the boutique after this" Helena informed her father.

"All I'm going to say is be careful around his friend Wallace, I hear that he's a rich promiscuous man, often luring in women and leaving them after one night, don't let one of those women be you or else you are not coming home" Lysandre warned his daughter who nodded.

"Yes Father" She spoke and Lysandre grinned, passing a bank card to here.

"Make sure you buy only the best... You are a descendant of royal Kalos after all, my darling Monique" The man told her, brushing his hand across Helena's lower back and tugged on the dress she was wearing "And whatever you do, do not let me catch you wearing flimsy clothing like this again"

Well, this was longer than I expected... A final total of 1479 words! Hope you enjoyed, please comment what you thought!