Chapter 6.

Helena walked through the doors haughtily, sweeping her eyes over the guests quickly taking in who she needed to speak to. Kalos Champion Diantha was there, chatting with a dark haired man Helena didn't recognise. Some other guests she recognised were Norman (a Hoenn gym leader), Champion Lance (she remembered was from Kanto), Professor Sycamore and of course Professor Birch. Taking her seat next to Sycamore, she nodded to him before taking a sip of the glass of water in front of her.

"I was thinking you wouldn't be able to make it. Malva told me about last night, but I highly doubt you ran off with Steven Stone and had him against the wall" Augustine whispered as the cameras were being set up.

"Please, I don't do much on the first date" Helena grinned. "Malva was so drunk I'm surprised she could use words"

"I caught her on the way up with Karen, a dark type Elite Four Member from Kanto. She just had enough time to pull her dress back up to greet me, 'fill me in' and say goodbye before she ended up in her room" Augustine said with a slight smirk.

"What were you doing up after four?" Helena asked.

"Y'know me, fille, I don't like sleep" Augustine looked sheepish and ran his hand through his hair.

"You need to see a doctor for that..." Helena replied as the press conference started.

Cameras and microphones were focused on Helena who spoke about the importance of her new pokéballs and what they were going to do for the next generation of trainers who were going out on their journey. She spoke to the owner of the pokéball factory from her home village as well as the many Pokémon Professors who were listening to her. Listening to what the other attendees had to say, Helena replied accordingly before the conference ended.

As she stood up to leave, an interviewer rushed over and pushed a microphone to the young scientist's face, signalling at a cameraman behind her.

"Hello Miss Fleur-de-Lis. My name is Isabelle from 'Daily Pokéstar', would you mind doing a sit down interview for my newspaper article?" The woman asked.

"Of course, where would you like to meet?" Helena questioned politely.

"Just next door, if you don't mind. I hear the café makes excellent afternoon tea" Isabelle replied, leading the way.

Helena made herself comfortable as the journalist set up her notebook and prepared her questions. Smiling slightly at the woman, Helena got ready to answer the questions that she would be asked.

"Right, so Helena. What inspired you to create these pokéballs?" Isabelle asked Helena.

"Well, when I was a child, my father always urged me to create things and improve existing products but it wasn't until I moved into Laverre City in Kalos, with its native pokéball factory that I really came up with my idea" Helena explained.

"Thanks, and can you give me an idea of what your pokéballs are trying to achieve?" Isabelle said whislt she wrote something down.

"I wish to create a comfortable and suitable habitat for the pokémon inside the pokéballs that they inhabit. There has been much controversy recently over the ethics of pokéballs, and whilst at the moment they are safe, I think pokémon deserve to be pampered" Helena replied before her Holocaster began to beep. "Sorry, it's work"

The scientist stood up and walked outside to answer the call, smiling slightly at the called ID.

"Hello Steven, I've just lied to a reporter for you" Helena teased and heard Steven laugh at the other end.

"Nice to hear from you too Helena. If you're done, I'm in town so we could spend some time together before you have to return to Kalos in the morning" Steven replied and Helena took a glance at the café.

"I'll tell her it's work, where shall we meet?" Helena asked.

"In the Devon Corp. Building if that's alright?" Steven offered.

"Give me half an hour" Helena nodded to herself and shut off the call before walking back inside.

She looked for the woman named Isabelle and gave her an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, work calls. Is that enough for the interview?"

The interviewer nodded and handed Helena her card. "If you ever need to get in touch, this is my Holocaster number"

"Merci beaucoup, I'll be sure to get in touch" Helena gave her a stunning smile before turning on her heel and heading towards the Devon Corporation Building.

"Why can't everywhere have taxi's like Lumiose?" She huffed to herself as she waked.

A short while after, she turned up at the building to see Steven talking with his father, who seemed to be slightly concerned, judging by the look on his face. Steven looked relieved when Helena approached and shared a nod with his father before turning to speak to Helena, greeting her with a smile.

"So you finally arrived... My father was concerned you wouldn't turn up" Steven said.

"Well, in my defence I got lost" Helena replied.

"I'll give you a tour later if you would like, after you come and meet the company you might be working with someday" Steven grinned and led Helena back to his father.

"Madame De Lis" David greeted warmly and Helena replied with a smile.

"Mr Stone, Steven informed me you wanted to give me a tour?" She asked.

"Yes, I do. Please come this way" David passed many people who gave him nods of respect.

After the tour, Steven led Helena outside, and as they walked he made small talk about the weather.

"The weather? I'd much rather talk business than silly things like that" Helena teased Steven who huffed.

"Look, I took the day off and I want to spend it with you but I feel like we're going too fast" Steven confessed.

"Look we met last night, we kissed last night and I spend the night in your bed. At the moment, I don't know where this is going but I like it, so if you agree, I propose that we get to know each other and see how the future plans out" Helena spoke and Steven nodded.

"Friends with benefits?" He grinned.

"Friends with benefits it is" Helena laughed and nodded.

"So, about that time we're spending together?" Steven asked.

"Lead the way" Helena replied.