Chapter 4.

The dance is kind of like the one Steven and Helena do later on in the chapter. I do not own the footage, as it belong to the BBC.

Walking to the main hall, Helena lent on Malva who looked at her, a teasing grin on her lips.

"That's it, I'm getting the shoes I bought as backup for you, hold on, and I'll ask Siebold where he put them" Malva walked off to meet Siebold who was talking to Wallace, laughing.

Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her and turned to see a teenage boy and a younger girl sit down beside her. She smiled at the girl who waved and tugged on the boy's shoulder, whispering something and pointing at the red haired woman which led the boy to glance at her and whisper something back. Excitedly, the girl ran over and climbed onto the seat to Helena's left before sticking her hand out to the Kalosian woman.

"Hi, I'm Mairin, my travel buddy Alain said he knows your Uncle and your Dad!" She chirped, fidgeting with her skirt as if she wasn't familiar to wearing one.

Helena met eyes with who she presumed to be Alain and grinned, tossing her hair back and then looked back at Mairin.

"You would be correct, petite" She confirmed with a nod.

"And, Alain said that you're Miss Malva's friend too! That's so cool, Alain has battled her y'know!" She babbled, eyes lighting up.

"Indeed correct" Helena replied, waiting for Alain to interrupt and yell at the child (by the look in his eyes he wanted to).

"And-" Mairin was finally cut off.

"Mairin please, she's dangerous" Alain finally spoke, his deep voice echoed around the bar area, glare fascinating on the tall female.

Mairin froze and looked up at Helena before running back to Alain as Helena laughed and shook her head, noticing the child's trembling lip.

"But Mister Lysandre promised he'd make Chespie better again! Why isn't she nice too?" Mairin asked.

"Your pokémon is ill? I'm sure I could help, I am a scientist." Helena told the child who nodded but was cut off by Alain standing up to try and appear threatening.

"She's a lying, deceiving criminal!" Alain cried out.

"And that is where you're wrong Alain. I am not part of Team Flare, well let me rephrase that, I wasn't part of Team Flare when it stood" Helena snapped.

"People like you lie" Alain hissed quietly so Mairin couldn't hear "Lysandre was a good man before Team Flare"

"And my father still is, it was a man named Xerosic who was the mind behind it all but my father took the fall fore him. Ask Augustine he will tell you the same thing" She replied calmly. "If you're trying to scare me, it isn't working very well"

Alain huffed and strolled away, suit jacket trailing behind him as Mairin followed, only to catch sights of Steven and rush over, hugging the adult around the legs. Steven coughed in embarrassment before ruffling the child's hair and picking Mairin up, reacting with over emphasised shock with the obviously exaggerated tales the small Pokemon trainer was telling. Helena watched, transfixed, as Steven added in appropriate 'woah's' and gasps at the right moment, entertaining the child who seemed overjoyed to be with the steel blue haired champion. When the pair were finished, Alain gave the Champion a begrudged and reluctant hug before blushing in mortification and muttered a few words which made Steven laugh and reply something back which made Alain roll his eyes, then shake Steven's hand and walk away with his travel companion. Malva snook up behind Helena and made her jump, before laughing and handing her the shoes before leaving, probably to convince someone to buy her a drink; Helena slipped the shoes on and walked towards Steven once more, clearing her throat so he would turn around.

Grabbing his tie, she gently pulled him towards her, still taller than him without the high heels on. The Champion wordlessly led Helena over to the floor and took her hand as soft waltz music began to gently play through the speakers, twirling her as the woman just rolled her eyes and followed Steven's lead.

"This was not where I was going, pulling you in by the tie" She muttered, placing her head on his chest.

Steven looked up and smiled. "Oh do tell me, Madame, a pokedollar for you thoughts"

"I was thinking something more sensual and fast paced, a rumba maybe?" Helena smirked, her smouldering gaze boring into his steel orbs.

Steven once more donned the seductive smile he had worn at the bar and signalled to a man who changed the record, leaving a haunting and steamy melody in the place of the romantic tune. Helena let out a breathy laugh as Steven suddenly acquired a set of bedroom eyes which set out his intentions perfectly. Steven tightened his grip on the female scientist, and led her around the floor with purpose, a purpose Helena could see herself liking very much.

"Essayer de dormir avec moi, Steven?" Helena whispered in Kalosian, smirking when Steven shivered. ("Trying to sleep with me, Steven?")

"I'll have you know that I am perfectly capable, Madame, of understanding Kalosian, and no, I'm not. Just trying to get a second date" Steven teased, his hands moving lower down.

"Don't let your daddy catch you Steven. I wouldn't want him to get the wrong impression" Helena muttered as he spun her away and then back again, moving his hands back up. "I didn't say stop"

The dance finished dramatically and Helena grabbed Steven by the tie once more, pressing her lips to his in a kiss. Steven froze momentarily but soon kissed back with equal passion, the pair taking no notice of the crowd circling around them, only focused on each other and the kiss they shared. The flash of a camera shocked the two into parting and turning towards what they presumed to be a news crew, complete with a man with a microphone and a live camera man.

"Mister Stone! First of all-" The interviewer said, pushing the microphone in Steven's face before Steven tried to push it back.

"Please, I agreed there is to be no press in here. It is a private affair, I'm sure you understand" Steven smiled before placing his hand over the camera, signalling to the two bouncers on the door, each with a fierce looking Houndoom.

"Look buddy, it's two in the morning. Clear off" One of the bouncers said and Helena cursed in Kalosian. Her meeting was at nine but she'd have to travel so she searched for Malva or Siebold but she could find neither. Wait, Malva was giggling like a school child, leading an equally drunk woman into the toilets and Siebold was sharing a drink with a woman Helena recognised as Professor Juniper from Unova. Her only option of leaving was Steven, and surely he couldn't leave his own party?

"Desperate times, desperate measures" Helena muttered and turned back to Steven. "I'm really sorry but I need to go, I'd love to stay but what Malva forgot to tell you about was that I have a press conference, conveniently in Hoenn, in the morning, and I'd hate to be either too late or too drunk to show up"

"It's fine. I have a room I stay in upstairs, although I usually stay with my Father in the Devon Corp Building" Steven replied, leading her upstairs to his bedroom.

The two were almost to the stairs, when a smirking and possibly tipsy Wallace blocked their path. Steven rolled his eyes and tried to push past his best friend, only to be turned back and winked at.

"Steven-hick! You've only just kissed the woman, and now you're going to f- hick her?" Wallace asked, overly large grin on his face which was flushed red in his intoxicated state.

"Helena needs a place to stay for the night. She has a meeting in the morning" Steven told his drunk friend who threw his hands up in the air.

"God f-hick-ing Steven Stone! The man too scared to get laid!" Wallace yelled and stumbled away.

Steven looked at Helena embarrassed who just shook her head and looked behind her as they went up the stairs together.

What would everyone think they were doing running away?