Chapter 3

When the limousine pulled up at the grand hall, Helena assumed it could only be the Elite Four Champion Chamber, she instantly regretted going to so much trouble to obtain the dress; sure she looked nice but she could hardly walk much to Malva's amusement who had a shorter pink dress on with small heels compared to Helena's gown paired with stilettos. Wobbling out of the car, Helena reached for her purse containing her pokeballs and went to grab her friend's arm but Malva snorted and sprinted away. Grumbling to herself, Helena took a shaky step forward to try to get the door, frantically searching for someone to assist her, eyes lighting up when she saw Siebold speaking to a tall blonde woman, as she took a few more steps Helena cleared her throat and Siebold looked up, giving her his usual wink in greeting.

"Having fun walking around, sweetheart?" He asked dryly.

"Oh yes, I can't contain myself" Helena retorted with a playful expression,

Siebold grinned and took the red haired woman's arm and turned towards the older lady who looked at the pair with raised eyebrows.

"My apologies Aunt Glacia, this is Madame Helena De Lis, a scientist and pokémon activist as well as a dear friend" Siebold said as Glacia and Helena shook hands.

"Pleasure my dear. I must say you look stunning in that dress, where did you get it?" Glacia asked.

"Well" Said Helena "Only the most exclusive boutique in Kalos. My mother used to own it"

"She couldn't be here today? She sounds like quite the woman" Glacia questioned, curiosity filling her features.

"Oh, my mother left my father and I when I was quite young, I haven't spoke to her since" Helena replied.

"I'm sorry, my dear" Glacia apologised, placing her hand on the younger woman's shoulder.

"No, it's fine ma'am, you were not to know. Anyway, I would love to stay and mingle here all night but I've been asked to meet with a Mr Stone" Helena smiled and left the woman, Siebold on her arm.

When the pair reached the building entrance, Helena was impressed. The building was stunning, almost as much as Kalos' Elite Four Building and when they got to the staircase, Siebold helped Helena get to the next floor and pointed out Mr Stone and a man called Wallace. Siebold gave Helena a kiss on the cheek in parting and left to carry on mingling so the redhead tapped Mr Stone on the shoulder who turned around, slightly confused.

"Are you lost Miss?" He asked.

"No, actually I was told on my invite that a Mr Stone wanted to speak with me at the party" Helena explained, irritation fusing into her words.

"Oh! Of course, my apologies Madame Lysandre! Right this was, it is my son who wishes to see you" Mr Stone apologised, bowing his head respectfully obviously knowing who she was.

Mr Stone, or David as Helena soon learned, was a very powerful man in Hoenn so being the person she was, offered him a business deal with her father's business. The Kalosian woman had just finished reeling off the benefits when David suddenly halted and walked up to a younger man, presumably his son who was fixing his maroon tie which contrasted with the pale grey suit he wore perfectly and highlighted his steel blue hair

"Steven. This is Madame Lysandre you asked to meet" David introduced the Helena and Steven turned with a friendly smile.

He took Helena's hand in his own, shaking it firmly, however Helena didn't care to notice his formalities. She was lost in his steel blue eyes, watching as they shone as he grinned at her once more.

"Madame Lysandre. The pleasure is all mine!" Steven uttered, his voice silky.

"Non! Please, call me Helena, you need no formalities, not when my papa is nowhere near" Helena insisted.

"Of course, anyway, I called you to ask about my next trip to Kalos. I don't often go but my next trip will be to investigate your amazing evolution stones that the region is famed for" Steven explained as they walked to the bar.

As much as Helena loved the idea, she couldn't bear to work with the handsome man, especially not when he made her blush so much.

"I'll consider if you buy me a few drinks, monsieur" The flirty, rich girl part of Helena had emerged.

"Well, madame, only if you allow me a dance with a woman as stunning as you at my own birthday celebration" Steven grinned, signalling the bar tender.

Oh, this will be fun...

Five cocktails and an exchange of holocasters numbers later, the infamous 'Wallace' made his way over and sat beside Helena. Steven grinned at his friend and introduced Helena to him.

"Hello Wallace. Bored of Champion Diantha already are we?" Steven teased. "Helena here was hoping she didn't come"

Well, not exactly introduced but it brought a grin to Helena's face.

"Oh, you must be the daughter of Kalos' infamous criminal" Wallace said, grin on his face.

"My father is no criminal, just a man lost in his own intentions. The real mastermind was a man named Xerosic, a scientist with an evil mind" Helena snapped.

The sultry look in Wallace's eyes was enough for Steven to glare at him and offer an apology to Helena.

"No Steven, its fine. I know not to fool around with men like you, Monsieur Wallace, so if you'll be so kind, try to bed another woman" The only tell that Helena was joking was the slight grin on her face.

Wallace was growing on her, she must admit, but she had no romantic interest in him and after all, he was Siebold's half-brother.

"You wound me Miss Kalos. I would never try to steal a woman from the Champion" Wallace teased and Steven paled, hitting his friend on the arm.

"Wallace please. She's a business partner" Steven tried to collect himself but the light stutter of his words said he was anything but collected.

"A business partner who you've been flirting with all night? And besides, isn't she Malva's plus one?" Wallace asked.

"Originally, then I learnt of her status from Glacia's nephew. Upon hearing she was a scientist, she earned herself a VIP invite" Steven informed his teal haired friend.

"Lovely, Steven. Real smooth, anyway as little Miss Kalos requests I'll leave to find a dance partner" Wallace gave Steven a one finger salute and sashayed away.

Steven rolled his eyes and stood up, finishing his drink in one gulp.

"My apologies Helena, I'd love to stay here all night but I really must mingle with some less beautiful guests of mine" Steven sent Helena a wink and grabbed his suit jacket, reached inside and gave her a small stone "I know how famous Kalos is for its gems but this one is the true jewel of Kalos"

Helena looked down to see a gem made from silvery, reflective glass seeing only her reflection. Blushing, Helena picked herself up and grinned at Steven coyly.

"I'll keep quiet if you do Mr Stone. Thank you for the lovely business offer, I'll consider it" Helena smirked and pecked the handsome gentleman on the cheek.

"Of course, Madame Lysandre. I expect I'll hear from you soon if you accept, I find you for the dance later" Steven smiled, kissed her hand and then left.

Helena made it halfway to the door and remembered she was still wearing the heels. Cursing herself, she grabbed onto a banister and shuffled along, desperately trying not to fall. Hearing a laugh from behind her, she saw Malva leaning against the wall.

"I've been looking for you" Malva hissed.

"Well, you haven't done a very good job there" Helena replied, eyebrows raised.

"I've been busy talking to some adorable gym leader called Flannery and I got her number, a kiss and a date" Malva grinned "You?"

"Making two business deals. Oh, and I've had five cocktails from Mr Steven Stone himself" Helena told her friend who laughed.

"Trust you, rich girl. D'you wanna go and get another drink that isn't a cocktail?" Malva asked and grabbed Helena, pulling her towards the main part of the hall.