Chapter 5.

When the pair reached Steven's room,  Helena managed to call Malva to ask her to send her clothes up in the morning from the hotel she had no access of getting to but it went to her voicemail. Leaving a message, Helena put down her Holocaster and noticed Steven had placed her an old shirt on the bed and grabbed a spare toothbrush from his ensuite bathroom and was standing there slightly awkwardly waiting for her to say something.

"Steven, thank you. I better let you get back to your party though..." She smiled.

"It's no problem, I'll see you in the morning" Steven nodded and left the room so Helena could sleep.

Bathing and quickly braiding her hair, Helena pulled on Steven's shirt, having an embarrassing memory of going to bed with many different shirts, which belonged to many different gentlemen, on and sneaking out of his bed in the morning before her companion woke up. She slipped into Steven's bed and quickly fell asleep after setting her alarm.

When she awoke, Helena noticed a sleeping Steven on a sofa opposite her and let a smile come to her face before noticing her outfit hanging up, with her dress from the night before next to it. She saw a note from Steven explaining the clothes and she laughed before quickly getting ready and writing a note back to Steven thanking him, slipping a few hundred pokedollars next to it as she left, with the shirt folded neatly on the freshly made bed. Making her way downstairs with her dress and shoes in her arms, Helena strode out of the door and called Professor Birch to arrange some sort of transport.

"Yes? Oh hello Miss Fleur-de-Lis, is there a problem?" The man asked.

"I'm at the Elite Four building in Hoenn, would you be able to send me transport please?" Helena replied, shifting the items in her arms.

"Of course. Luckily, the conference isn't far from your location, my daughter will be over to pick you up in half an hour" Birch told her and shut off the phone.

Helena sighed and placed down her items, wishing she had somewhere to put them as she brushed down her black and grey blouse and dress pant combo and adjusted her bun and fiddled with her reading glasses. She heard footsteps behind her, and saw Steven, dressed in a white crisp shirt and grey trousers, with a smile on his face as he lent over to kiss her before stopping and looking at her for approval and Helena rolled her eyes and kissed him softly.

"I didn't think you'd be awake" She murmured softly as he trailed his hands over her shoulders.

"I wanted to keep these for you, you can pick them up later from here. I'll probably have a challenger but you can come in if you need to" Steven replied.

"You didn't need to dress. When did you wake up?" Helena asked.

"When the door closed behind you. Malva sent up your clothes and shoes before she left with someone" Steven told her.

"Thank you. How long did the party last for?" Helena questioned as Steven wrapped his arms around her.

"Until about four. Wallace was passed out drunk in a minute so I was spending time with May, actually Birch's daughter. She might be there today" Steven said.

"I think she's picking me up actually" Helena grinned. "How old?"

"Sixteen. Just passed her test, I'd make sure you put your seatbelt on" Steven teased with a small smile.

"So you do love me then?" Helena asked and Steven rose an eyebrow.

"I'd say more friends, or colleges I guess, with benefits at the moment" He smirked and Helena nodded.

"I can agree with that" She spoke, seeing a short brunette girl walk towards her, presuming it was May, and turned to Steven giving him a peck on the cheek before the girl reached them.

"I'll see you later?" Steven asked.

"If you're not busy, Champion" The Kalosian woman gave Steven a wave before walking over to the girl, with her purse containing her Pokemon in her hand.

"Are you the one Dad asked me to pick up?" May yawned, hastily covering her mouth as if she suddenly remembered not to be rude.

"Yes" Helena replied, nodding as May gave Steven a quick hug before leaving.

Helena followed the younger girl down some steps and around a corner to what Helena presumed was May's car, a small green car that looked slightly scratched and a bit worn around the tyres. May unlocked the car and hopped in the drivers seat, leaving Helena to coordinate opening the car door, shutting it again and adjusting her outfit before the girl started driving. The pair were silent until May turned on the radio and cleared her throat, trying to cut the awkward tension in half, Helena turned towards the girl who looked like she'd been rolled out of bed by her Pokemon, made clear by the feather in her hair and the mismatched clothes.

"So you know Steven then?" Helena asked, cringing internally. Of course the girl knew Steven, she hugged him!

"Hmm? Oh, right yeah. We go back about five years or so, I was on my journey and I delivered him a letter, oh but then I got lost and he helped me. Well, not really, he only gave me a map, then he let me sleep with him. Crap, that came out wrong, I meant in his tent..." May blushed at the mass of words that came out of her mouth but Helena laughed and shook her head.

"A simple yes would do, petite" Helena said, amused at the girl.

"Well I wanted to explain. How do you know him?" May questioned innocently.

"I slept with him too" Helena teased and May laughed giving her a side glance.

"I've got a good idea why. He wouldn't shut up about you last night you know, and it's because of your research. He's never been interested in women, so Wallace and I thought he was gay for a while, but holy Latios, he's crushing on you harder than a school boy!" May revealed.

"I guess you know best but he won't want someone like me. The amount of times I've done what we did last night, but rather than waking up with him on the sofa with a note, I just slipped out and called a cab without anything" Helena told May who smirked slightly.

"And you don't think that kiss last night was bold? Steven usually  turns scarlet if you mention boobs, but he was having a good look at yours from across the room!" The girl joked. "Everyone really thought you were running off to bed together"

"His father wasn't mad?" Helena asked, biting her lips in slight worry for Steven.

"Course not! He was too busy with organising the whole thing, but if you take him out again I suggest somewhere David won't see. I think Steven's found a new side to himself thanks to you" May laughed.

"Trust me, I'm usually only forward with my papa's friends and I try to seduce any man within the ages of twenty two to about thirty five" Helena replied.

"Well you're fine for Steven, he was twenty five last night" May said. "And if I may be so bold, how old are you?"

"Twenty three, my father was seventeen when I was born and my mother was twenty two. It was deeply frowned upon by my grandparents on my papa's side" Helena explained.

"That's not fair! Lysandre actually seems alright, heck, you seem alright. Dad's terrified of you!" May replied.

"Most people seem scared of me, I think it's because of the rich girl upbringing I had. It's been drilled into me so I usually take that personality rather than one of a scientist" Helena said and May nodded.

"Well, here we are. Enjoy!" May chirped and got out the car.

"One thing petite, I'd take that feather out of your hair, most people in press conferences like to judge" Helena grinned and pulled the feather out.

"Ugh, that's from my Blaziken" May muttered, evidently annoyed. "I'll walk you in, give me a shout when you want to go back to Steven's place, I'll be next door with my friend Brendan because his dad's going too"

"Merci beaucoup, petite" Helena gave May and smile before entering the venue.