Chapter 2

It was a short walk to the boutique from Lysandre Café and as soon as the pair stepped inside, the young clerk hurried over to serve them, recognising the two females instantly. Helena offered to be served first and get her fitting over with telling the girl serving her to make sure the dress was definitely a dark red but the length was debatable. After trying many dresses with no avail, Helena caught sight of a crimson, jewel adorned backless dress and walked over to it, admiring it.

"Madame, how much?" Helena asked the woman, who's arms were filled with denied dresses.

"Five thousand poke dollars, miss but it's been reserved by another woman..." The young clerk looked visibly frightened of the rage that crossed Helena's face.

"Who to, if you don't mind me asking?" Helena snapped, glancing at Malva who smirked, knowing Helena was going to get her way.

"C-Champion Diantha, miss. I apologise." The girl suddenly found great interest in the floor.

"I'll give you ten thousand poke dollars and a good word with my father" Helena bargained and the woman shook her head.

"I-I can't d-do that miss" Her voice shook as she shook.

"Fine. Let me see the manager" Helena hissed at the girl who nodded and rushed off.

Helena sighed, not liking resorting to being a whiny rich girl but saw no other choice, if she wanted to uphold her reputation, she needed that dress. Malva caught her eye and began to laugh as the manager of the shop, a tall dark haired man, approached her friend.

"You wanted to see me Madame?" He asked politely.

"I need that dress, Monsieur. I offer ten thousand poke dollars and a good word with all workers in your shop with my father" Helena held her ground, staring at the man hoping to intimidate him.

"Done. I shall have the dress packaged and sent to your home immediately Madame" The manager sent her a grin and disappeared again.

Helena turned to Malva, smirk on her lips. "Your turn" She chirped and hung back letting Malva get what she wanted with her own dress.

Malva's shopping trip was a lot less difficult than Helena's and the two women made their way back to Lysandre Café where Lysandre's Tailow was waiting for her. She climbed on the bird's back and was about to fly until Malva handed her a letter, presumably an invite for the party and then left with a wave and a smile.

"Au revior Helena, I'll see you soon!" Malva said as she left, leaving Helena to make her way home.

It wasn't a long journey home, but Helena enjoyed it anyway. Hanging her dress up in the closet, she sat down in the front room and lit her open fire before switching on her television as she grabbed the letter Malva had given her and another one addressed to her in a neat cursive she didn't recognise. Curiously, she opened the first letter carefully which revealed Malva's own invite with the option to mark if you were bringing a plus one and grabbed the second envelope addressed to 'Madame Lysandre of Kalos' which revealed a much more ornate and personal letter which looked carefully hand written and adorned with glittery gemstones, it read.

'Dear Madame Lysandre,

It had been brought to my attention that you are an innovative scientist with the knowledge of new technology used to help Pokemon trainers on their journey. I am a member and share holder of the Devon Corporation and have taken a deep interest in what you are trying to do.

As you may know, I am hosting a party and it is my aim to invite as many known trainers and scientists as I can, and I would like to personally invite you, knowing some of your work shown on the television and articles on the Internet. If you would kindly return this as soon as you can, I would be most gracious with the knowledge that such a inspiring woman such as yourself would take the time to meet with me.

The party will be hosted in my home region of Hoenn, at the Champion room in the Elite Four building at 8pm in a two days time. When you arrive, please ask to see Mr Stone as I would be honoured to speak with you.

Kind regards,

Mr Stone, Devon Corp.'

Helena raised an eyebrow in shock, she'd been invited very much personally, to the party herself because of her work. Somebody knew her work? Not only know of her, but a famous man interested in her work because he thought she could change the life of many Pokemon Trainers. Overwhelmed, Helena grabbed a pen from a nearby table and a piece of lined paper to write her reply to the mysterious Mr Stone who somehow knew of her.

'Dear Mr Stone,

I am deeply grateful for your letter and your admiration of my work, as little from my own region know of it, never mind somebody so well known from a different region. I understand that you would like to speak to me and look forward to finally meeting you in person, as well as knowing how we can work together in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Madame Lysandre, Lysandre Labs.'

Helena placed down her pen and wrote the return address down that was provided in Mr Stone's letter and called for her Phantump who flew into the room with a small chirp. Helena smiled and held her hand out to the small creature who babbled happily and nudged her hand softly and settled on her shoulder momentarily.

"Bonjour, ma cherie. Would you like to deliver this for me? You know where to go" She said, as the Phantump nodded and lifted the letter into the air using its ghostly abilities and set off quickly. Not too long after, the creature returned seeming happy with itself and returned back to its mistress' room, curling up in its bed.

Helena smiled slightly and shut off the television and the fire, heading up to her room to see her Pokemon curled up and sleeping soundly. She quickly changed into her nightgown and climbed into bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, dreaming of the party she was to attend in a few days.

The next few days rushed by and soon Helena found herself dressed and ready to leave for the party, hair and makeup intact, adorned with expensive jewellery to match her dress. When the limousine pulled up outside her home, Helena made her way into the car smiling at Malva who was waiting for her, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Took your time didn't you? I've booked a ferry over the sea and we'll be in Hoenn just in time for the party" The Elite Four member said.

"Another limousine when we get there?" Helena asked.

"Of course Helena, you know me." Malva joked as the car took off.

"Don't forget about my conference day Malva, I really do need to attend it" Helena told her friend who looked puzzled.

"How come you've never told me about this?" Malva asked.

"I have, you just didn't listen. I'm meeting with a Pokémon Professor about my new pokéballs" Helena rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm sure you'll find your way back to the hotel I booked for us" Malva said. "But let's just enjoy the party!"