Thunderstorm

A/N- This one is just like Cloud Burst, I just wrote it, cause, well, I LOVE THORKI.
Ages-
Loki: About ten in Midgardian years.
Thor: Fourteen, Midgardian years.

A clap of thunder woke the younger prince of Asgard.
Loki sat up, startled. He pulled his sheets around him as the thunder rumbled- no doubt his older brother's doing, since the time of year did not support the occasional natural storm.

He tried to go back to sleep, but rain pattered hard on the windows of his room, and the constant rumbling of thunder made him uncomfortable.

Loki got out of bed. He slunk out of his room and down the hall.
He rapped on Thor's door.

"Who wishes to see me?" Loki heard his brother ask softly.
"It is I, Loki," he replied.

There was a pause.
"Come in, brother."

Loki pushed open the door and entered to see Thor sitting up on his bed, arms crossed, looking sour.

"What's the matter, brother?" he asked.

"Nothing," said Thor, a little too quickly to fool Loki. "Why would anything be wrong? No, everything is hearty."

"Then why the thunderstorm? Do not lie, brother. Lies are where I excel. I can see through them very clearly. Tell me the truth," ordered Loki.

Thor was quiet.

"Well?" demanded Loki.

"I-I was slighted....by a maiden," blurted Thor.

"What?" asked Loki, surprised. Not by Thor's being slighted, but by the fact that Thor was around girls at all. Why would he be with a maiden?

"You know of the ball to be held in the palace in a few days time?" asked Thor.

"Yes," said Loki, stifling the laughter he felt bubbling inside him.

"I asked one of Sif's maidens to come with me...." Thor's voice shrank into a whisper.

"And?" prompted Loki.

"She slapped me," murmured Thor.

Loki sighed. "You were proud and over confident, were you not?" he asked.

Thor frowned, thinking a little.

"Perhaps I was a little.....arrogant," he reflected.

Loki rolled his eyes.

"Did she not know she was refusing Prince Thor?" he asked.

"Uh, I did not exactly specify that..." said Thor, scratching his head.

"So that is the cause of your displeasure," said Loki, even though since Thor had been talking, the thunder had eased into distant rumbles.

As soon as that thought crossed his mind, there was more thunder as the storm showed signs of carrying on on its own.
Loki jumped, paling slightly.

Immediately, Thor's expression turned into one of guilt.

"I apologize, Lo," he said. "I forgot of you discomfort with thunder."

Tight lipped, Loki nodded.

"You know, for my sake," Loki said, "I hope the future does not bring us any rifts. With my...fear...of thunder, I would be at quite a disadvantage against you."

Thor ruffled Loki's dark hair.
"As if I would ever fight you," he said decidedly.