The Plan

AN- This one is, I hope, sorta humorous and not angsty, cause I feel cheery.

Tony limped into the infirmary.

   The Avengers lay all over the place, groaning and wincing. As soon as they saw Tony, they started glaring knives and daggers at him.

   Well, except Thor. Being the big, tough, hard-to-hurt god he was, he was uninjured acting his usual self.

   "Okay," said Tony defensively. "Maybe my plan was a little stupid. Maybe it almost got us killed. But then, it's not the stupidest thing I ever did."

   "I don't doubt it," muttered Nat.

"Oh, come on," said Thor. "Everyone does stupid things. Loki and I have been known to do the most absurd things on Asgard."

    Loki, who was sitting in a corner, rather enjoying watching the Avengers in pain, looked up at this.

"No, Thor," he said, "YOU have been known to do the most absurd things on Asgard, not I."

   "I must admit, I have been alone in some of my antics, as have you, Loki.  But most of those plans of mine primarily concerned you," said Thor.

  "Primarily concerned me?" asked Loki, his green eyes lit with a dangerous tint.

"For example....." mused Thor, blissfully unaware of the fact that the room was literally getting colder.

      "......ah, yes!" he continued. "Take you and Cora."

 Loki's color rose.

      "What about Cora?" he asked with a tiny jerk of his head.

"Who's Cora?" asked Tony, sitting down at the edge of Steve's bed.

  "Yeah," asked Steve, "who's Cora?"

"Cora," said Thor in a sing song voice. "Beautiful, beautiful, Cora-"

      "-Keep quiet, Thor," Loki said through gritted teeth.

"-Loki's fair maiden," went on Thor.

     "Loki's 'fair maiden'?" asked Clint.

    Thor nodded. 

         Loki buried his face in his hands.

Thor nodded.

     "I had an entire plan for their lives," he said, his fallen face indicating that things had not gone according to plan.

    "Our lives?" asked Loki, mentally planning Thor's murder.

"Oh, yes," nodded Thor.

    "What. Plan." Loki clenched his jaw.

"You know," shrugged Thor.

     "I really don't. Pray enlighten me, brother," snarled Loki.

"Alright. I thought, after spending so much time with you and Cora, that you two would make a delightful pair- if you stopped arguing all the time. I, erm, decided to intervene."

  "Intervene?" asked Loki. "Intervene?" 

"Uh, yes. I had to! See, then you'd get married. And you'd have two children, one girl, one boy, one of them having your green eyes and Cora's red hair and the other having Cora's blue eyes and your dark hair!" said Thor eagerly.

   "I see," said Loki, every syllable dripping with sarcasm. "I suppose you thought of names for the children as well?"

    "As a matter of fact, I did!" said Thor brightly. "The boy was to be christened Thor the Second and the girl, Thora."

  Loki stared at his big, blonde, oaf for an adoptive brother.

     "Well done, Thor," he said, "very well done. You have successfully surpassed your own stupidity."