Chance

A/N- Just a little drabble, cause I'm in the mood for these.

    In all honesty, Loki was tired of being shuttled back and forth- Asgard to Stark Tower and back, over and over again. Thor was the one in charge of him, and Loki had to go wherever Thor decided to take him.

  Now he was in a cell at Stark Tower, with each one of the Avengers constantly supervising him through cameras.

 He leaned back against the clear walls of the cylindrical prison he was in. It was a comfortable place, and he only had his mother to thank for that- the mere memory of her seemed to make Thor think it was his duty to keep Loki comfortable for the rest of his sentence- that is to say, all of eternity.

  And, well, speak of the devil.

"What do you want, Thor?" asked Loki wearily. "I do hope we are not going back to Asgard, I'm sick and tired of travelling."

  "No," said Thor, coming close to the wall that divided them, looking solemn.

"Then?" asked Loki.

  "I-" began Thor, but paused, frowning.

"You what?" asked Loki. "Are you so stupid you cannot reach the mid of a sentence without prompting?"

 Thor ignored the rebuke.

"I have procured a chance for your pardon, brother," said Thor, a hint of eagerness in his voice. "Director Fury-"

  "-pardon?" growled Loki. "Pardon? You do not understand, brother of mine, it is not pardon that I seek, it is my rightful throne! The truth your father raised me to, that I was born a king!"

   "Loki!" pleaded Thor.

"Oh, but it's all right for you," said Loki, maliciously. "You, the great Thor Odinson, pride of Asgard, big hero! And if that were not enough, you had to come here to Midgard and show off that crude hammer of yours, call yourself it's protector! Faugh."

   "I am it's protector," said Thor, stiffly. "Which is why, you understand, it was my foremost duty to fight you, Lo."

  "Stop calling me that," said Loki sourly.

"Why?" asked Thor, with a trace of a small, sad smile. "Does it remind you of better times, when we were little ones?"

   "It reminds me of a lot of things," said Loki bitterly. "Like Odin and his favoritism; you and your group of thugs that now call themselves the Warriors Three pushing me into the dirt and thrashing me; Sif and how she would taunt me for my size- better times, indeed," he said, sarcasm heavy in his tone.

  "Loki," Thor shook his head. "I'm here for a reason. Admit you were in the wrong. Help to make it right by aiding the Avengers. You shall be free."

    "I only fought for a right of mine!" snapped Loki.

"You did wrong, Loki! Surely you see that? Why must you always hide beneath a facade of lies?" said Thor, his voice rising.

 "I did no wrong! I was here to conquer and rule, the right of any prince, or, indeed, any person strong enough and with an army! Why are Odin's conquests considered noble and heroic? I did no different, but here I am!" 

    Loki was yelling now.

Thor paled. He looked really angry now.

   "Loki," he said, his shaking with suppressed anger, "you shall never be able to become a good person again, not until you see the wrong in your deeds. I'm trying to help you see it. I seek in you the noble, brave man that I spent my childhood with. Not this monster you have become."

 "Monster," spat Loki. "That is what I am, Thor. That is what I truly am. A monster, a Frost Giant, a Jotun that makes your stomach turn with disgust."

  The light in Thor's eyes seemed to dim.

"A Frost Giant, a Jotun, and my little brother," he said quietly. "What you are, Loki, only esteems your race in my eyes. And not for a second do I believe that you are this- this horror. You feel wronged-"

  "-your little brother," hissed Loki. "You feel nothing of the sort. It is only your conscience, and the memory of your late mother, that compels you to help restore me to my former status. Leave me, Thor. Or as the Midgardians say, get your ass out of my sight."