Unca Woki

It was the second part of Loki'r imprisonment.

  The part he was to spend on Midgard.

It had been some years since he had seen Thor, but the blonde hadn't changed much.

  Thor let Loki out of the cell.

"Brother," he said warmly.

  "Odinson," replied Loki in an icy tone.

"Come now, Loki," said Thor, sounding amused. :You will be staying with Jane and I for a  few years, it may do you good to be friendly."

   Loki grimaced as he followed Thor out of the dungeons.

"Besides," said Thor after a moment't hesitation. "I know of one person particularly eager to meet you."

 Loki didn't question who. He didn't particularly care.

 They reached Heimdall.  He opened the Bifrost and the two brothers were gone.

  Back on Midgard,  Jaane Foster was having trouble calming her hyper four year old son, Theodore.

"When are Daddy and Unca Woki gunna get here?" he asked excitedly, his blond hair flouncing up and down as he jumped about restlessly.

   "Soon, kiddo," laughed Jane.

The doorbell rang.

  "IS DAT DEM?" asked/yelled Theo, running towards the door.

Jane opened the door.

  "Hiya, Daddy!" yelled Theo, jumping into Thor's arms.

Thor glanced at his brother.

  Loki stood rooted to the spot, staring at the small, squirming creature in Thor's arms.

"Theo," said Thor solemnly, "I'd like you to meet your Uncle Loki."

   "Hewo, Unca Woki," grinned Theo.

Loki stared.

 "Uh, Loki?" Jane snapped her fingers in front of his face. That seemed to bring him back to Earth.

"Um. Hello," he said.

............

Loki was alone that evening. Thor was gone, S.H.E.I.L.D. work, and Jane was at her lab. Theo had been tuckered into bed.

 But as soon as the kid could be sure his parents were gone, he slipped out and toddled to the living room, where Loki sat on the couch, staring blankly at a wall.

  "Hey, Unca Woki," said Theo, clambering on the bed.

"Hello, Thor-spawn," said Loki.

"Tor? I'm not Tor, that's Daddy. I'm Teo," replied Theo, tilting his head in a confused way.

"No-I meant- nevermind," sighed Loki.

   "Nice hewmet," said Theo, gazing at Loki's head with admiration.

Loki sort-of smiled at it. In his head, he called Theo 'it'.

 "Can I touch it?" Theo begged.

Loki shrugged.

  "All right, but no pulling the horns."

  Loki felt a tiny hand on his shiny gold helmet.

"Coow," whispered Theo.

"Can't you pronounce the 'L' sound?" asked Loki.

Theo shook his head.

  "Come on," coaxed Loki. "Say 'Loki'."

"Woki," said Theo.

"Loki."

"Woki."

    "You're hopeless," sighed Loki. "Shouldn't you be in bed, anyway?"

"Daddy forgot my bedtime story," said Theo sheepishly. "I can't sweep without one."

 "Sure you can," said Loki. "Close your eyes and SLEEP."

"Can you teww me a story?" asked Theo.

"No," said Loki. 

"Pwease?" asked Theo.

"No," said Loki.

"Pwetty pwease?" begged Theo.

"The physical appearance of the 'please' has nothing to do with it. I said no," said Loki.

Theo pouted.

 Loki made a sound- like a cat's hiss.

 "I'm mean," he told the child.

    Theo kept on pouting and looking miserable.

He has Thor's eyes, noticed Loki.

 It was getting weird now.

"FINE. I'll tell you a story," growled Loki.

"Yippee!" jumped Theo. Jumped straight onto Loki's lap, that is.

 Loki sighed. He began a story, a fairy tale his mother used to tell him and Thor when they were children. What he hadn't anticipated was Theo begging for another when he was done, and another, and another.

   Jane and Thor both came back home at the same time. Entering the house, they found Loki asleep on the couch with Theo on his lap, also fast asleep and Loki's helmet on his little head, slipping way past his eyes.